Whats up with the food poisoning

Isnt pros suppose to go on a strict healthy diet? the only thing that pops up in my head is on cheat day they are so tired and goes to a ghetto china restaurant and nearly kills themselfs because of it..

• Like 2

Isnt pros suppose to go on a strict healthy diet? the only thing that pops up in my head is on cheat day they are so tired and goes to a ghetto china restaurant and nearly kills themselfs because of it..

Ghetto Chi~Nah Restaurant sounds Nasty , if you Chow Down at those places ... You are asking for it IMO

These dudes interact with a lot of germs every weekend.... Some are bound to fester.

The problem is the healthy food

When you eat crap everyday your system can fight off anything. These guys smell a rotten tomato and their bedridden

another clue could be that they train so hard that thier immune system is beaten down for the majority of the week. if im feeling abit ill it dissapears when i train and comes back after a couple of hours..

I know they probably have constant access to medical personnel that is far more experienced than I, but I question all these instances of "food poisoning." I'm not saying they aren't sick, but I think any stomach bug gets classified as "food poisioning." It really just doesn't seem that prevalant to continue happening to someone every week. If so then someone needs to start checking the dates on this food. I've only had food poisoning once in my life, but I've been sick plenty of times.

I know they probably have constant access to medical personnel that is far more experienced than I, but I question all these instances of "food poisoning." I'm not saying they aren't sick, but I think any stomach bug gets classified as "food poisioning." It really just doesn't seem that prevalant to continue happening to someone every week. If so then someone needs to start checking the dates on this food. I've only had food poisoning once in my life, but I've been sick plenty of times.

I agree.  I think they are sick but for some reason tend to claim it to be food poisoning.  From what I've gathered food poisoning is often the diagnosis by someone who is sick but not by a medical professional.

I agree.  I think they are sick but for some reason tend to claim it to be food poisoning.  From what I've gathered food poisoning is often the diagnosis by someone who is sick but not by a medical professional.

Exactly, and I'm not sure why food poisoning is the "go to" really. You would think stomach bug would make more sense. That basically encompasses everything that could relate to a stomach illness, and as much as these guys push their bodies it seems likely that they could get an illness somewhat frequently. I know that the only time I truly had food poisoning, I couldn't have even held a bike up to kickstart it. It was the sickest I've ever been in my life. I know these guys are tough, but riding through true food poisoning would be damn near impossible IMO.

I look at them more like a school teacher. Every year school teachers end up catching whatever is 'going around' in the student population - or an airline stewardess locked in a flying tube with 200 new people every day.

Well, most of these pros HAVE to interact with THOUSANDS of fans, sponsor reps, media yahoos each and every week, shaking hands, breathing their germs, getting a kiss on the cheek from that blond who just needs a quick photo, etc. each weekend. No wonder the get sick.

HB