Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 on 2013 300 RR.

Anyone have a Core EXP 3.0 clutch installed on their 300 RR? I just put mine in and have found that I can't get any free play gain no matter what adjustment I make on the slave. 

I try to ride the bike, just as a test, and the bike accelerates but the clutch is in constant slip mode. I can rev up the engine and only go ~5 mph. 

I tore it apart and put it back together again. It's quite simple to do really, so I don't see how I could screw it up.

I called Rekluse and they didn't seem to be able to help me. Any advice?

Interesting tidbit, the instructions say 1 turn, plus 5 clicks after the starting point. I can go 1 turn, plus 4 ticks and I'm bottomed out and can't go any further. 

I installed the 3.0 on my '14 300rr and the only issue I had was that rekluse missed packing one of the washers for the throw out bearing they supplied. Assuming you have both washers with yours, I'm no help. Mine needed to be broken in but it performs flawlessly now.

Does the Beta have the ball bearing in the clutch slave like a KTM? If so did this fall out like they do on the KTM? What you describe sounds like that is what might have happened. Or you are missing a plate?

Good call, they suggest using a grease to hold it in during install to help prevent this exact thing from happening.

Does the Beta have the ball bearing in the clutch slave like a KTM?  If so did this fall out like they do on the KTM?  What you describe sounds like that is what might have happened.  Or you are missing a plate? 

Yes, I double checked the ball bearing was in the slave. I don't think I'm missing a plate either. I've followed the directions to a T.

How many steels and frictions did you install? If you have no free play gain then for some reason the pressure plate is not close enough to the clutch stack. Almost every time I've seen this it's because the clutch stack was installed incorrectly or the final steel plate (#16)  that goes against the pressure plate wasn't installed. With the clutch cover removed you should only see a slight gap when you pull the clutch lever in.

There's also a slight chance your clutch master has hung up. If you loosen the slave bleeder does the clutch still slip?

Yes, I double checked the ball bearing was in the slave. I don't think I'm missing a plate either. I've followed the directions to a T.

You can't follow the instruction exactly as written. I made that mistake. you need to leave 1 fiber out. Mine was working ok, but now it doesn't slip at all. works just like a manual clutch and I have the adjustable clutch slave turned all the way in. I called rekluse. I have to do a test to check free gain to determine it they send me thinner plates or extra washers.

I don't care much for exp tech. I much prefer the z-start pro.

Btw. my rekluse lhrb doesn't work worth shit either. bleed the hell out it, get good pressure, about 10 miles into the ride it goes away. bled 3 times with a syringe.

Edited by randysoo

Btw. my rekluse lhrb doesn't work worth shit either. bleed the hell out it, get good pressure, about 10 miles into the ride it goes away. bled 3 times with a syringe.

I had the same issue with mine on my KTM.  I called them up and they gave me some other method of bleeding that finally worked.  I am trying to remember exactly what it was but you had to setup a syringe at the master bleed hole and then push fluid from the slave and then once there was a good amount of fluid in the syringe at the master you would pump the lever a few times then repeat.  

I am trying to remember exactly what it was but you had to setup a syringe at the master bleed hole and then push fluid from the slave and then once there was a good amount of fluid in the syringe at the master you would pump the lever a few times then repeat.

what master bleed hole? you mean the caliper?

I've re-installed and verified that all plates are there. I've verified that the gap between the top plate and the exp plate is very small. I've verified that all washers are in place, and ball bearing is in place. I've blead the clutch 3 times now.

Currently the clutch seems to sort of work at lower RPM's. At higher, the clutch just slips. I have the bleeder screw turned almost all the way out. I can almost see the O-ring. I still have absolutely no free play to speak of. 

I'm sort of at a loss. I'm a bit frustrated. 

I've re-installed and verified that all plates are there. I've verified that the gap between the top plate and the exp plate is very small. I've verified that all washers are in place, and ball bearing is in place. I've blead the clutch 3 times now.

Currently the clutch seems to sort of work at lower RPM's. At higher, the clutch just slips. I have the bleeder screw turned almost all the way out. I can almost see the O-ring. I still have absolutely no free play to speak of. 

I'm sort of at a loss. I'm a bit frustrated.

Have you called rekluse?

When I called, the guy seemed tired like he's been answering that same question all day.

But he was courteous and knowledgeable

Oh, got you. I've been using the syringe at the caliper and pushing fluid up. You saying I should push top down to the caliper?

No you still bleed from the caliper but you setup the hose and syringe at the master to act as a "blocking reservoir of brake fluid so as you purge and pump, air doesn't get pulled back in.  So push brake fluid from the caliper up to your reservoir until you have a good amount in the syringe at the master. Close off the bleed at the caliper.  Pump the brake lever on the bars 5 times. Repeat a few times until you see no more bubbles.

Also make sure the screws on the cover of your master cylinder are good and tight.  Air can be drawn in there as well.

Been on the phone with Rekluse. Pretty tight tech service this time around. The last guy wasn't so good. We took it a part while they were on the phone and put it back together again. We verified all part numbers and what not. 

The pressure plate is not resting on the exp disk properly. There is a gap that we can't get rid of. 

We tried all sorts of things to get it to work, but in the end, Rekluse is calling Beta to figure out if they can help out with any information. If I find anything, I'll post to this thread. 

Been on the phone with Rekluse. Pretty tight tech service this time around. The last guy wasn't so good. We took it a part while they were on the phone and put it back together again. We verified all part numbers and what not. 

The pressure plate is not resting on the exp disk properly. There is a gap that we can't get rid of. 

We tried all sorts of things to get it to work, but in the end, Rekluse is calling Beta to figure out if they can help out with any information. If I find anything, I'll post to this thread. 

And you did verify that the pressure plate plug is the correct one?