Triple clamp questions

4 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted January 16, 2004 - 08:02 AM


Looking for a triple clamp that can meet these requirements:
Rubber mounted bars
Option to run Scotts or GPR damper
Choose taller bar mounts (currently I have adapters and love the extra height)

  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 16, 2004 - 10:01 AM


I don't know who has all of that, but what I want to know is "Where did you get the bar risers? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 16, 2004 - 04:59 PM


Scotts set up with the rubber mounted handle bars using BRP made upper triple clamp is the way to go. All you need is a spacer and longer rubber mount bolts to adjust you handle bars higher. The system already takes you a little higher than stock. Rubber mounted bars are a dream! They are a god send on long rides. Pro-Tapers also come with the kit and you can get the bend you want as well for higher rise. :)

  • sjwr450

Posted January 16, 2004 - 05:53 PM


Tag supplied the risers.

  • Dez113

Posted January 17, 2004 - 10:00 PM


I use applied triple clamp, with the GPR version 2, damper, (underbar mount) which is also a riser, it is awesome, but a little pricey, around $450-500 new plus bars.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.