Malcom Smith Trail on the WR

55 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 18, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Oh, and by the way, the TM Design works skid plate is USELESS for trails like the MS trail. I was bottomed out directly on my frame rails several dozen times...........because the skid plate gets really narrow as it goes back.

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick, April 18, 2014 - 05:43 PM.

• Slackkinhard

Posted April 18, 2014 - 05:47 PM

Oh, and by the way, the TM Design works skid plate is USELESS for trails like the MS trail. I was bottomed out directly on my frame rails several dozen times...........because the skid plate gets really narrow as it goes back.

I've wondered about that thing.  I bought one for my husky, and to be honest, I don't know if it's gonna take what I do to it.  I had an aluminum one, swapped it out, but the red wrap-around TM designs product wasn't what I assumed it was. I expected less 'plasticy' and more polyurethane like.  I still have it on there, but I haven't crunched it yet.  I've broken a carbon fiber, and a hyde plastic.  Aluminum is my go to, but we'll see.

Edited by Slackkinhard, April 18, 2014 - 05:47 PM.

• KennyMc

Posted April 18, 2014 - 06:06 PM

OK so how did you get those graphics?

I've had graphics on order with Paul for two months, and no graphics. 

...but he doesn't use Decal Works does he.....

PM sent

• KennyMc

Posted April 18, 2014 - 06:11 PM

I've wondered about that thing.  I bought one for my husky, and to be honest, I don't know if it's gonna take what I do to it.  I had an aluminum one, swapped it out, but the red wrap-around TM designs product wasn't what I assumed it was. I expected less 'plasticy' and more polyurethane like.  I still have it on there, but I haven't crunched it yet.  I've broken a carbon fiber, and a hyde plastic.  Aluminum is my go to, but we'll see.

Yah, i was surprised when I saw them on someones bike.  I thought they would be more ABS plastic like and not so "moveable".  I am looking for impact resistance.  I know they say it will spread out the impact, but I wonder by how much (prolly more of the glancing blows).  A direct hit to the water pump by a bike tip-over type fall and I am afraid it will just go squish.  My Flatland covers it pretty well and I don't think it would budge in that same instance.

• Slackkinhard

Posted April 18, 2014 - 07:06 PM

carbon fiber :thumbsdn:

P6300001.jpg

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 18, 2014 - 07:17 PM

I like the Hyde Racing plates. 

• KennyMc

Posted April 18, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Any idea if they are a "rigid" design or how much they flex?  I hate the way they look, but I like how much they cover  :thumbsup:

• Slackkinhard

Posted April 18, 2014 - 07:29 PM

I thought I did too....lemme go see if I still have a piece of it to take a picture of

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted April 19, 2014 - 08:04 AM

I thought I did too....lemme go see if I still have a piece of it to take a picture of

You have to go to Target to get some camera batteries :lol:

• Slackkinhard

Posted April 19, 2014 - 04:34 PM

You have to go to Target to get some camera batteries :lol:

nah, have to find it.  Went riding instead.  Pouring rain for 3hrs

• KennyMc

Posted April 19, 2014 - 07:21 PM

nah, have to find it.  Went riding instead.  Pouring rain for 3hrs

Yah, I can't ride at the moment so I just get to be grumpy and make fun of people who can ride. :facepalm:

• Slackkinhard

Posted April 19, 2014 - 07:59 PM

Yah, I can't ride at the moment so I just get to be grumpy and make fun of people who can ride. :facepalm:

I didn't ride last weekend due to my dirt sample the prior weekend. I ran a check at a local event...drank beer.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 22, 2014 - 05:53 AM

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 Location Time   1 Shipment picked up SHANDONG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 15:28

Shipped To:   xxxxxx Estimated Delivery: Wed. Apr. 23 - Tue. Apr. 29 Tracking: 471067348x

• KennyMc

Posted April 22, 2014 - 04:53 PM

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 Location Time   1 Shipment picked up SHANDONG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 15:28

Shipped To:   xxxxxx Estimated Delivery: Wed. Apr. 23 - Tue. Apr. 29 Tracking: 471067348x

Hmmmmm, well, keep fingers crossed.  From my last experience, customs took about 4 days itself.  You said something about DHL.  They originally said mine was coming UPS but it ended up at my local USPS location which I then had to go down and sign for.  I got one of those notes on my mail box that said I had a package that I needed to sign for before they would release it.  In my particular case, scewed up more ways than was funny.....but this was all after I had made them send me a set from San Berdo and had already got them so it was really just comical....

Jason already got his for his KX450 but that's cause they had some locally.

• KennyMc

Posted April 27, 2014 - 08:41 PM

Updated tracker info??

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 28, 2014 - 04:49 AM

It arrived on Thursday!

Too bad they did not ship a complete head and cylinder with it.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.