Ferry To Ride

4 replies to this topic
  • scottzx7rr

Posted January 11, 2002 - 03:05 PM

From CycleNews.

Nine Days After Surgery
Just nine days after undergoing knee surgery, Yamaha's Tim Ferry practiced today at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California, and declared himself fit to race tomorrow night in round two of the EA Sports Supercross Series.

Ferry, who suffered the injury on New Year's Day in Florida, said he was a little off after the first session, but felt much better the second time out.

The San Diego track, though not completely finished because the whoop sections have yet to be constructed, appears to be a little easier than last week's Anaheim track - and those whoop sections won't be back to back like they were at Edison Field.

Jeremy McGrath, meanwhile, looked strong in today's practice sessions after struggling with a 13th place finish in last week's opener.

In a press conference this week, McGrath stated that he'd wanted to win last week's Anaheim opener more than any other race in his career - so perhaps he put a bit too much pressure on himself and that led to the arm pump that slowed him. With that behind him, McGrath feels as though he's completely prepared for tomorrow night's event.

-CN

• eBayThumper

Posted January 11, 2002 - 03:43 PM

F#@% Yeah!!

I miss that sound in the race! Let's just hope he's not being too agressive on the come back.

BTW, call me lame but how can I see more races? I only see one every blue moon with the standard cable and tv in the bay area.

I need more moto-x (sx)

Thanks,
J :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scottzx7rr

Posted January 11, 2002 - 03:50 PM

With the current airlines prices down you could always fly there and watch in person. LOL Almost every weekend live racing what more could you ask for? LOL Just had to be ornery. :)

• eBayThumper

Posted January 11, 2002 - 03:57 PM

F#@% Yeah!!

I miss that sound in the race! Let's just hope he's not being too agressive on the come back.

BTW, call me lame but how can I see more races? I only see one every blue moon with the standard cable and tv in the bay area.

I need more moto-x (sx)

Thanks,
J :)

• yzernie

Posted January 12, 2002 - 06:02 AM

YEEEEEEE HA!!!!! GO TIMMY :) :D :D :D :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.