Be the first to review this

Related Garage

Img00007.jpg

Honda VF750C V45 Magna (1983)

Owner: FaceDeAce
Added on January 18, 2017
Photo
- - - - -

KTM DUKE 690 About to buy one any owners here?

28 replies to this topic
  • mx4life320

TT Bronze Member

109 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 09, 2015 - 05:13 AM

I am looking at picking up a bike in the next year. I really like the 690 duke, but How is it with bigger riders? I am 6' 3" 280 Will i be super squished on the bike?

Anyone have any other bikes i should look at?

• extsieg

TT Bronze Member

118 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 05:55 AM

Just picked up a new 2014 great bike having a blast on it

• RockmanZ

TT Newbie

6 posts

Posted July 15, 2016 - 03:56 PM

Just realized that there are two 690 Duke threads.  For those who are thinking of buying or those that are looking for

ideas or experiences on modifications, I've posted my experiences with my 2013 690 Duke IV here:

http://www.thumperta...690-duke/page-2

Comments or questions welcome and I'd like to hear about other folks' experiences with modifications, maintenance,etc.

on the 690 Duke gen IV (year 2013+)

So far in the year and a  half I've owed this bike I've only met one other generation IV 690 Duke owner. I do see them on

the street occasionally but only about as much as I see the earlier year Duke's like my 2001 640 Duke II (which I've

owned since new and still can't bear to part with).

Anyone bought a 2016 model yet with the added counter balancer engine and track pack?

-Rockman 

• Woods Racer

TT Member

95 posts

Posted July 29, 2016 - 11:23 AM

Just realized that there are two 690 Duke threads. For those who are thinking of buying or those that are looking for
ideas or experiences on modifications, I've posted my experiences with my 2013 690 Duke IV here:

http://www.thumperta...690-duke/page-2

Comments or questions welcome and I'd like to hear about other folks' experiences with modifications, maintenance,etc.
on the 690 Duke gen IV (year 2013+)

So far in the year and a half I've owed this bike I've only met one other generation IV 690 Duke owner. I do see them on
the street occasionally but only about as much as I see the earlier year Duke's like my 2001 640 Duke II (which I've
owned since new and still can't bear to part with).

Anyone bought a 2016 model yet with the added counter balancer engine and track pack?

-Rockman

I have ridden the'16 duke and it is quite smooth with very few vibes. Looking to add one to the stable soon.

• Syanur

TT Silver Member

605 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 04:03 PM

I have ridden the'16 duke and it is quite smooth with very few vibes. Looking to add one to the stable soon.

Can you compare with older versions? Especially about vibration...

• DavidKXF

TT Member

39 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 01:35 AM

Can you compare with older versions? Especially about vibration...

No it has a completely new engine, they have done a lot of work to the cylinder head to deal with the vibration of the earlier engines. 

• Whitey1

TT Newbie

15 posts

Posted November 15, 2016 - 06:47 PM

I bought a 16. I had a used 15, loved it but could not take the vibes. 16 is much better. So easy to ride/corners effortlessly. Pic is 15.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• Woods Racer

TT Member

95 posts

Posted November 16, 2016 - 06:27 PM

I have 2300 miles on my 2016. Quite smooth for a thumper - about the same vibes as my vstrom 650 and my FJ-09. Strong motor and handles so much better in the twisties than any bike I have owned including my street triple.

• russmaxk

TT Newbie

6 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 05:27 PM

2014 690 Duke? That bike is great. Bought mine in October 2015 for way less than list. Yeah, there are other bikes in the class with more power, but power/weight is best with the 690.

Have over 7,000 miles on mine now. I'd modify it, but it's just a ton of fun dead stock. I have the bucking at low RPM, too, but it got better when I started riding map2 instead of map1. The 2016, and now 2017, must have pretty much eliminated vibration, and the 2017 has about 10% more horses. So, these just get better and better.

Since my other bike is a KTM 300, it's essential that my street and dirt bikes have similar response when I twist the throttle, because muscle memory. I'm a happy Duke rider.

Related Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.