Yzf426 2001. Low compress at TDC

2 replies to this topic
  • ttreewalkerr

Posted April 13, 2014 - 10:31 AM

Bike ran good all last summer, last labor day we put it in the shed with no issues and ran great. In Jan. Dead of winter my son tried to start the bike, he got it to sputtered a few times, but noticed when the bike got to TDC you could kick thru without have to pull the compression release. I told him to put it away.. so I'm going to be heading back to cottage for Easter and hoping to just see it be fine,,, but,,, it did do this strange thing in Jan. Any ideas ? I read somewhere oil can drain from oil ring and need to pour oil down plug hole to gain compression back ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thommo_400f

Posted April 14, 2014 - 08:01 PM

More than likely the decomp is just a tiny bit stuck open due to lack of use.

• ttreewalkerr

Posted April 20, 2014 - 04:28 PM

Cap of oil down plug hole did the trick.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.