Lighter flywheel in 2102 wr?

4 replies to this topic
  • yukondood

Posted April 13, 2014 - 08:51 AM

Looking for feedback from anyone who has installed a lighter flywheel on 2012 we 450. For dunes or snobike use.
Currently have yz cam, full yoshi exhaust ecu, air box gutted and looking for quicker throttle response and power to keep rolling in higher gears

• kevin wr

Posted April 14, 2014 - 09:40 PM

What cams do you have in there what year of cams

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GP1K

Posted April 15, 2014 - 11:17 AM

Have you tuned your FI map to suit sand/snow conditions? I'm assuming from all the other mods you've done you probably have, but it if not that might give you more of what you're looking for.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 15, 2014 - 11:25 AM

I have wondered the same thing, about going to a lighter flywheel, like on my CRF450X.

The WR revs slowly.  I would think a lighter flywheel would be a great upgrade.

I don't think you can buy one, and the YZ version won't fit.

You could always buy another stock one, turn it on a lathe, get it balanced, and try it. 

• WouldsAssassin

Posted April 16, 2014 - 02:02 PM

You could always buy another stock one, turn it on a lathe, get it balanced, and try it.

Agreed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.