Fuel Screw Adjuster

2 replies to this topic
  • Fruitfarmer231

Posted April 13, 2014 - 07:28 AM

With my WR's the 05 450 and the 07 250,  I bought some Tusk fuel screws with numbered knob on the end.   Somewhat easier than attempting to reach in there with a small screwdriver for fine tuning.   Whether it's the aluminum material,  in lieu of brass,  or the additional weight of the knob,  but  I've lost the adjustment screw on the 250 and the one on the 450 had backed out and was being held in by some interference with the gear case.  If you have substituted from the original screw,  with something like this you may want to keep a closer eye on these than I did.  

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyandride

Posted April 13, 2014 - 02:46 PM

I have them on both my WR's.  You need to put an O ring or heavy rubber band around it and lash to some convenient point so it won't turn.  I've had one fall out.  Sometimes it would wind itself in, leaning it out.  Also I put TFE paste, a plumbing product, on the threads, keeps it from turning too easily.  

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 13, 2014 - 07:48 PM

Just stretch the spring first

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.