12' yz450f with rekluse exp 2.0 ?

4 replies to this topic
  • atrdrvr7

Posted April 12, 2014 - 04:57 PM

Hi guys.  I have been running the exp 2.0 for a solid year now.  I ride all motocross.  I love the bike with this setup.  I started noticing that the bike does not hit as hard off the bottom.  Just wondering if there are any wear parts that I should look at replacing to get that nice bottom end hit back.  I'm running heavy wedges and have been using Mobil 1 racing 4t synthetic oil( change after 2 rides) since the start.  Other than the hit I can't seem to notice any other issues (ie. slipping, chatter, engagement).  Any suggestions?

• billygildark5007

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:08 PM

Unfortunately the exp has a shelf life. If you measure from friction to friction width on each side it should be no greater than 10.57mm. If it's thinner than that it's time to replace it. Rekluse sells each side but it's like $150 a side. Probably better to just but new one.
ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397358541.547732.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • atrdrvr7

Posted April 12, 2014 - 07:20 PM

I'm going to pull it tomorrow and put some calipers to it.  Just cant imagine it only lasting a year.  I only ride 1-2 times a week also.  It feels like it just doesn't engage as hard as it used to.  My initial thought was worn springs.

• billygildark5007

Posted April 12, 2014 - 08:07 PM

If you haven't done a flywheel weight or throttle body mod since this started it's probably in the clutch somewhere.
Are you sure your free play gain is set correctly? I think you would notice the springs getting softer threw the lever.
Also measure your friction plates. Because you only have 5 now they might be them wearing out.

• nardski659

Posted April 18, 2014 - 03:21 AM

According to Mike Campbell at rekluse, the 2.0 bases get about 200 hours out of them. You can upgrade to the 3.0 bases for around 140 bucks and they have a longer life too.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.