New friction plates don't fit

4 replies to this topic
  • Rocklicker

Posted April 08, 2014 - 04:31 PM

Just bought a new clutch basket, inner hub and friction plates. When I was putting the friction plates into the basket, the plate tabs were extremely tight between the clutch basket tabs enough that I thought they were gonna break when I was pushing them to the bottom. I got a wiseco basket and pro x plates. I've checked and rechecked to make sure they are the correct parts for my bike. Is this just bad luck that happens sometimes?

• Gunner354

Posted April 09, 2014 - 03:12 PM

Shouldn't be that tight for obvious reasons.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2014 - 06:26 AM

The ProX plates are more likely to be at fault for this misfit than the basket.  Nevertheless, compare the width of the basket slots on the new one with an unworn area of the old one, measured near the closed end of the slot on the old.  Also, check the fit of the new plates in the far back (inside, bottom,...) end of the old basket.

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted April 11, 2014 - 11:33 AM

The ProX plates are more likely to be at fault for this misfit than the basket. Nevertheless, compare the width of the basket slots on the new one with an unworn area of the old one, measured near the closed end of the slot on the old. Also, check the fit of the new plates in the far back (inside, bottom,...) end of the old basket.

Sounds like you have possibly seen issues with ProX. What brand do you recommend?

Edited by Hoosier-Daddy, April 11, 2014 - 11:35 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted April 11, 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yamaha or Hinson. 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.