GYTR flywheel weight

6 replies to this topic
  • Dune Ready

Posted April 08, 2014 - 01:56 PM

I have a 2013 450. I have been looking at the 4.4 oz flywheel. Has anyone actually tried it? Is it that noticeable? 4.4 doesn't seem like a lot

• buellover

Posted April 08, 2014 - 02:25 PM

I don't know about the 4.4 oz, but I put a 9 oz on my '06 and it seemed to kick over easier, and not kill as often when riding slow trails

• grayracer513

Posted April 08, 2014 - 03:00 PM

The GYT-R 4.4 ounce for the '10-'13 models is the equivalent of the 9 ounce for the older bikes because the flywheel is larger in diameter.  In fact, it increases the inertia mass more than the 9 oz weight does on an '09.  The distance the weight is place away from center is a major influence on inertia.

It does smooth out the power noticeably, it does reduce the off-idle jerkiness, it does help prevent stalling, it does improve traction, and it DOES NOT make the bike sluggish, less responsive, or less quick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dune Ready

Posted April 08, 2014 - 03:32 PM

So basically no negatives about it?

• grayracer513

Posted April 08, 2014 - 04:48 PM

Not to my way of thinking. Should have been built that way.

• blrmaker

Posted April 08, 2014 - 05:21 PM

Not to my way of thinking. Should have been built that way.

Thank you. I have ordered one for my 06' and  cant wait to try it!

• grayracer513

Posted April 08, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Bear in mind that it isn't going to be night & day different at 9 ounces on a flywheel that's smaller than your gas cap, but you'll notice it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.