2014 yz450 mod?

24 replies to this topic
  • MESSMAKER

Posted April 30, 2014 - 08:12 AM

Has anyone been able to get the GYTR flywheel weight yet? If so where? I definitely don't need all the horsepower like grayracer said..this darn abruptness off idle drives me crazy in ruts so I will give up some HP to get rid of that jolt. Its a little better than my 10 I had but still there. The other thing is the forks! nothing like what i've had before with Yamaha. I know there's threads on this issue but just mentioning it again....I only have 6 hours so I hope the 7-8 hour "magic" break in (I've read on here) will help. But overall, it is better than my 10 I had IMO.

I have not felt the harshness that everyone else is talking about. It is by far the heaviest sprung factory bike I have been on but as long as I have a little speed it seems to just soak up everything. They are sss forks ( speed sensitive forks). Make sure you keep the built up air out of them. I agree with you on the taming down the initial hit and from what I've heard dealers should be just starting to get the gytr flywheel's in.

• MESSMAKER

Posted April 30, 2014 - 08:52 AM

I'm still waiting on the GYTR flywheel weight I have on order. I'm optimistic about it helping with mid turn, on/off throttle handling. The bike handles well, it just seems when I start to get on the gas it is a little abrupt and therefore difficult to stick to a line. I've considered getting the radiator lowering kit, but decided to wait and try the flywheel first. I know the more aggressive I am the better the bike handles, but if the corner is loose it is harder to be aggressive.
As a side note, Dubach is now offering an engine relocation kit for the 2014. It made a huge difference on the 2010 I had, so I may try it out. It also costs less than the radiator lowering kit.

Great information

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xcbuckeyeguy

Posted May 25, 2014 - 12:11 PM

I'm still waiting on the GYTR flywheel weight I have on order. I'm optimistic about it helping with mid turn, on/off throttle handling. The bike handles well, it just seems when I start to get on the gas it is a little abrupt and therefore difficult to stick to a line. I've considered getting the radiator lowering kit, but decided to wait and try the flywheel first. I know the more aggressive I am the better the bike handles, but if the corner is loose it is harder to be aggressive.

As a side note, Dubach is now offering an engine relocation kit for the 2014. It made a huge difference on the 2010 I had, so I may try it out. It also costs less than the radiator lowering kit.

Did the flywheel come in yet?

• Mutley53

Posted May 25, 2014 - 04:57 PM

Did the flywheel come in yet?

Still waiting for the flywheel. Was supposed to be shipped last week, but I'm still waiting.

• Mutley53

Posted June 27, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Finally got the flywheel a week ago. First time out with it was yesterday. I haven't ridden in a while so I don't have much to compare to (from memory). The bike is fast, of course, but probably more tractable. I wasn't able to ride long, but I have no complaints. Mostly just letting others know that they should be available. Maybe next time I'll do a back-to-back.

Also added the Dubach Racing engine relocation (1.5mm forward). Again, no complaints, but I haven't ridden enough lately or pushed hard enough to realize any dramatic changes.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.