Install of Fastway Rack by Pro Moto Billet, Part 1.

No replies to this topic
  • Trailamigo

Posted April 08, 2014 - 08:54 AM

I purchased a new 2012 WR450F in the spring of 2013 after selling my 2003 WR450, due to an injury I'm a little late posting this.  I would like to thank the guys at Pro Moto for their help and for delivering a superb product.  I had all these products on my 03 also with the exception of the dampener it was a Scotts.  Not 1 product failed in 10 years of hard riding!

IMG_0925.JPG  This is the rack I decided to use.  Where I ride it's nice to have a place to strap a bag down to and keep the weight off your back!  Heres the install.

IMG_0938.JPG  Remove the seat and rear plastic.  Some trimming with an exacto knife and dremmel tool is needed. The Pro Moto directions are easy to read and understand, cutting the plastic is easy with the included templates!

IMG_0942.jpg  Cut the template out.

IMG_0943.jpg  Then lay it over the plastic and cut it out, easy!

IMG_0940.jpg  See the rectangular washer?  The directions were a little fuzzy for me, this is where it goes!

IMG_0953.jpg  Install the side brackets loosely with spacers to help hold sides in place while you screw in aft most screws!

IMG_0954.JPG  This is what the side looks like after the cut out from the template is removed.  I liked the little radius inside corner, so I left it! 

IMG_0959.jpg  Go ahead and screw on the rack to the side supports and you're done! To reinstall your seat loosen up the 2 new bolts, replace seat, align spacers, tighten and recheck all bolts, RIDE!

It took me about 1.5hrs to install the rack and it's a durable handy little thing.  It also adds a convenient lift point.  Well it did on the 03, let's see how well this one holds up!  lol

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.