Hebo hydraulic clutch??

9 replies to this topic
  • Dan_YZF

Posted January 10, 2002 - 05:06 PM

Hi fellows Thumpertalkers

I'm looking for buying/using an Hebo hydraulic clutch actuator on my 00 426

Someone know what is the exact travel of the Hebo slave actuator?, will it disengage fully my lengthened clutch arm or will I have to shorten it back to stock spec?

And is a boot protector available for the master?
The unit is left without any protection...weird isn't it?

Are lever easily available? cost of replacement lever?

And for those who're using it for some time (more than a year) would you buy it again today? reliability concern? performance concern?

Thanks a lot

• PK

Posted January 10, 2002 - 06:33 PM

I put my Hebo on last February and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm not sure how long the pull is but the cable is adjustable and judging by the length of the slave cylinder, it's more than I'll ever use with a stock actuating arm. The clutch pull was greatly improved, even with a new freshly lubed clutch cable installed my Hebo will blow it away. I haven't had to adjust the clutch once or add any fluid. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I haven't had any levers break so I don't know the availability or the cost but Hebo makes the hydraulic clutches for Gas Gas bikes and more and more shops are carrying them now so I would availability would be good. As far as protection for the clutch cylinders goes, I have handguards for the resevoir and the slave is ty-wrapped to the frame. I have had my share of crashes but the way it lines up makes it pretty hard to get to. I have ridden in some pretty deep mud and all I do is once in a while pull off the cap on the slave cylinder and clean it out, although there isn't much to speak of in there.

99 YZ400

• MX_Tuner

Posted January 11, 2002 - 02:10 AM

I agree. Two thumbs up for the Hebo!!

• Kirtwell

Posted January 11, 2002 - 04:32 AM

Hey guys where did you get it and how much did it cost.....Funny, I was just thinking about putting one on my bike...

• Scott_Aldahl

Posted January 11, 2002 - 06:31 AM

I bought my hebo hydraulic at E-Rider. They are somewhere back east and are very cool people. I think I paid about $170 for it. You can email the guy at E-Rider at ktm413@hotmail.com. At least thats where I got a hold of them last year. One finger clutch pull. This thing is awesome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PK

Posted January 11, 2002 - 11:27 AM

I also got mine from E-Rider for around the same price. Best $$ I've spent on the bike.

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 11, 2002 - 04:13 PM

Wasn't there a second hydrolic clutch kit made by a company called Magura (sp?). I remember a debate about which was better but I don't remember which one got more votes. Can anyone refresh us? You all have me thinking of one of these things now...hehe..

• BK14MX

Posted January 11, 2002 - 07:14 PM

I have the magura version(HYMEC), and have no complaints. I also got rid of the stock basket for a hinson, which made the most difference. The hydro clutch was just gravy!!!!

• urla

Posted January 12, 2002 - 06:15 AM

I have used the magura/hymec for 2 yers and have no complaints.I have lengthened the clutch arm 5mm and
it works fine (-01).

• PK

Posted January 12, 2002 - 10:11 PM

I tried em' both before buying the Hebo. The Hebo clutch pull was lighter but the Magura slave cylinder mounts nicer than the Hebo. I was in a position where I needed a light clutch pull due to the fact I was recovering from 2 broken wrists so I wanted the lightest pull I could find. Pick your poison, they are both great and a heck of alot better than the stock clutch cable setup.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.