Best deal for multible tires

5 replies to this topic
  • Docmarkw

Posted January 15, 2004 - 01:36 PM

I'm trying to find a tire dealer preferably Maxxis that will give me a break on tires if I were to buy 25 - 30 tires in one shot. The best deal I've found is through Rocky Mountain but, it doesnt matter if I buy one or 50 the price is the same. Any advise would be appreciated.

• qadsan

Posted January 15, 2004 - 02:30 PM

For Maxxis tires, try...

Affordable Cycle & Marine
801-C S. Lakeview
Placentia, CA 92870
(714) 777-2795
Ask for Steve and see what kind of deal he can get you. There's probably not a huge margin to work with on tires, especially the Maxxis, but Steve is a great guy and his shop is always friendly to deal with. They've always given me a fair price on most eveything I've bought from them, especially on Moose riding gear.

If you want a good quality low cost durable tire that hooks up well without shredding the knobs off in either soft or intermediate terrain under a different brand name that's not so well known in the USA (but a good tire none the less), then call Rob Barnum at:

Barnums Pro Product
2525 Marco Road
Phelan, Ca. 92371
(760) 868-8097
sales@barnumspro.com

Rob got a hold of a bunch of Barum tires that are made here in the USA for Barnum in Europe and he's selling them at excellent prices. You can always try one out and see if you like it and I'm sure he'll make a killer deal on a dozen or more of these. I'm happy with both the Barum and Maxxis IT's I've been using and will probably buy some more Barum's once I run out. Rob is also a ThumperTalk partner as listed on ThumperTalk's home page and its always nice to support the people who support this site and our sport.

• irondude

Posted January 15, 2004 - 04:48 PM

Qadson, I second the motion. The Barum tire that Rob has is great in mud/sand situations. Rob has done Baja pre-running on the tire with his 680! But its not really a desert race tire. I know he bought a bunch of em at an incredible price. For sure you can get them at a smokin deal...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x400r

Posted April 02, 2004 - 06:44 AM

what is the shipping on the tire from barnum?

• ThunderChicken

Posted April 02, 2004 - 08:39 AM

can you guys tell me more about the tire rob is selling?

1. what is the brand name. what is the model name?

2. irondude said it's not an IT tire, more like a sand tire... how does it hook up in the desert and how long does it last, say compared to a maxxis IT or kenda carlsbad?

3. how is the sidewall?

4. more on wear...how many rides are you getting, how is it wearing, evenly or are the knobbies chunking?

5. price... i understand if you don't want to post rob's prices here, but can you tell me if getting that tire from rob would be cheaper then bringing home a kenda carlsbad or maxxis it from one of the mail order houses?

i'm very intersted in buying my tires through rob. i'll buy five at a time if the price is right and they hook up and wear roughly the same as the maxxis IT...

please let me know.

• irondude

Posted April 02, 2004 - 08:43 AM

The tire is called a Barum. Not to be confused with Rob's family name...Barnum.
They are made in Europe. They are a good low cost tire for mud/sand i.e. the stuff in Europe...i wouldnt race with them, but they do seem to hold up reasonably well.
Call Rob and he will answer all your questions...!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.