After a 2 year break bought me a 2014

15 replies to this topic
  • jeffboyd47m

Posted April 07, 2014 - 06:32 AM

I quit riding 2 years ago to focus on a new business I started in North Dakota. Decided it was time to get back to living and went balls out on a brand new 2014. This bike is incredible and I have bonded very quickly to it. Here is a list of things I have done to the bike.

Ohlins suspension

Ohlins damper

R+D Genius throttle body

Vortex ECU

TM Designs rollers, slider and skid plate

Excell A60 rims

Excell spokes and spline nipples

TCR hubs

Hammer Head brake and shifter

Braking oversized front and Braking rear rotors

Tubliss tires

Sunline levers and clutch perch

X-ring chain and GYTR rear sprocket

Bridgestone front and Dunlop rear tires

GYTR radiator braces

GUTS tall firm seat foam and cover

KX High bend bars

Applied 20mm offset tripple clamps

Spider grips

SignWorks custom graphics

Changed all white plastic to blue

Rekluse core EXP 3.0 clutch

Rekluse Clutch basket and cover

GYTR ignition cover

I have always wanted to go crazy on a bike so I figured why not. Love the end result.

crate.jpg

build.jpg

build2.jpg

done.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 07, 2014 - 08:11 AM

I also went with DRD exhaust and Bolt axle blocks.

• seacraft69

Posted April 07, 2014 - 10:28 AM

Guess business is good!

• Biscuits

Posted April 07, 2014 - 10:40 AM

How are 20mm offset clamps, can you tell the difference ? Do they "weight" the front tire more ?

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 07, 2014 - 11:53 AM

The bike turns well with the 20 mm offset. No noticeable wiggle at all.
And yes business is good. Lol

• crf917rider

Posted April 07, 2014 - 01:55 PM

I have yet to feel the (dreaded wiggle ) on my stock 14, your bike looks great congrats on getting back into moto

• T-Dub512

Posted April 08, 2014 - 02:33 AM

Bike looks great!

Is that the Stainless or Ti Dr.D pipe? And did you notice any weight savings between it and the stock system?

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 08, 2014 - 04:32 AM

Bike looks great!

Is that the Stainless or Ti Dr.D pipe? And did you notice any weight savings between it and the stock system?

It is the stainless system. I believe it is lighter then stock, but I really didn't notice the difference on the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brantley

Posted April 08, 2014 - 08:17 AM

Awesome!

Please ride report on Vortex ignition? What can you tell us about it, dead engine starts, low rpm stalling etc.?

I ride tight SE single track, HS, enduros on 10 YZ450 and am curious if it would benefit this type of riding.

Thanks

• Darvo

Posted April 08, 2014 - 09:12 AM

Did you ride it with the stock throttle body? 

What are your thoughts on the R&D one?  Is it as good as they say?

• YamaLink

Posted April 08, 2014 - 09:22 AM

Balls out is indeed the appropriate phrase. Sounds like you worked your ass off and knew when it was time to get back in the game. Needs vs wants. Good job!

• THOR450

Posted April 08, 2014 - 12:33 PM

Wow!  Very cool bike!  Tell me about your aluminum scissor lift stand, Who makes it, where to buy and how much?  I have an older team Hawg scissor lift and love it but those aluminum ones are the ticket!!

• RideBlue3031

Posted April 08, 2014 - 12:51 PM

Looks so badass, congrats on the bike man!

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 08, 2014 - 05:58 PM

Awesome!

Please ride report on Vortex ignition? What can you tell us about it, dead engine starts, low rpm stalling etc.?

I ride tight SE single track, HS, enduros on 10 YZ450 and am curious if it would benefit this type of riding.

Thanks

I also ride and race enduro/desert as well as moto. The Vortex was pre tuned as part of the R+D Genius Throttle Body. I owned 2  2010 models and never could reliably pull off an in gear dead engine start. With this bike I am able to start it in gear almost 10 out of 10 tries. At first I struggled with it but found that if I kick it slower, it fires right up every time. The Rekluse pretty much eleminates stalling on it as well.

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Did you ride it with the stock throttle body? 

What are your thoughts on the R&D one?  Is it as good as they say?

I did not ride it with the stock throttle body. I have a friend that has rode both and he claims a very noticeable difference. The bike has an amazingly broad power spread that is very strong. It pulls right off idle right up to the upper RPM range with no flat spots or gaps. Very easy to ride/controlable power. It just seems to put the power to the ground in a deceivingly fast mode. Good stuff!

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 08, 2014 - 06:09 PM

Wow!  Very cool bike!  Tell me about your aluminum scissor lift stand, Who makes it, where to buy and how much?  I have an older team Hawg scissor lift and love it but those aluminum ones are the ticket!!

I purchased that lift about 5 years ago at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. I believe it is a MotoSport brand. Been a very good stand.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.