timing chain-- bumped clockwise

2 replies to this topic
  • ty184e

Posted April 04, 2014 - 07:33 PM

PLEASE HELP!!! so I was adjusting my valves and the TDC mark moved so just thought could bump the TDC mark back turning clockwise. Is TDC still true or do I have to tear more apart? Cams weren't connected was keeping tension with my fingers

Edited by ty184e, April 04, 2014 - 07:44 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyandride

Posted April 04, 2014 - 09:30 PM

TDC is TDC regardless of which way you turn the crank.  WR engines make weird noises if you turn them clockwise.  Don't rotate the engine clockwise but a bump to get it to TDC  won't hurt it.  Sometimes I put a socket on a breaker bar that has no ratchet to get it to TDC.  Then zip tie the breaker bar to a foot peg, frame, whatever. 

• ty184e

Posted April 05, 2014 - 02:58 AM

alright thanks just was being paranoid. I left my ratchet on the crank and turned it to tighten so when putting the chain onto the crank shafts the weight would help prevent it from moving. But thanks for the tip will try that next time to really keep it from budging.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.