2010 YZ450f starting issues.

5 replies to this topic
  • Cody_NF

Posted April 04, 2014 - 12:13 PM

So I picked up a 2010 YZ450f about a month ago. With all the snow down I didn't really have much of a chance to ride it. After doing a tire change today I tried to start it and take it for a little ride to see if it was okay. I kicked and kicked and kicked and it finally started, I let it idle and then turned the choke off and then it turned off.

So I turned the choke back on, kicked and kicked and kicked when it finally started I just left it alone and let it idle, after about 2 minutes letting it run with the choke on I turned it off and let it idle for a while. I took it down the road, and when I pulled in the clutch to turn around it bogged and shut off. I started it up one more time and drove back up the road and when I pulled into the diveway It bogged and shut off again.

What could be the issue?

Thanks in advance for any input!

• Sesaig77

Posted April 04, 2014 - 01:01 PM

Have you checked the carb? Last time i let mine without usage it was all colgged up and it didnt turn on for that reason

• Cody_NF

Posted April 04, 2014 - 01:19 PM

2010 was the first year for fuel injection, so my bike doesn't have a carb. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kjh440

Posted April 04, 2014 - 01:32 PM

Here is a good video on how to start the 2010.

Follow this and easy starting.

• Cody_NF

Posted April 04, 2014 - 01:56 PM

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

• Mtrain730

Posted April 07, 2014 - 11:30 AM

This might not be any help buy hey you can try it. I have a 2012 and don't ever use my choke. I leave the chock off and if it doesn't start right up I usally crack the throttle just a little and it usally fires Right up Seems too work.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.