UFO Fork gaurds Speedo mount?

3 replies to this topic
  • slowrider998

Posted April 03, 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hi im looking at some black ufo fork gaurds for my 2009 wr 450 .Looks like the UFO gaurds don't have a speedo mount .will I be able to attach my speedo cable with some black zip ties on the inside or would it look hokey/hack?

Thanks

Edited by triplerider, April 03, 2014 - 03:57 PM.

• funt

Posted April 04, 2014 - 06:02 AM

I think the cable would rub the fork leg.  It might not rub while it's sitting still but fork guards flex.  I think you would have to do some trimming for the cable housing too.  I just went out and looked, I think you would have to run the cable on the outside and do some trimming on the bottom to make it fit.  Probably some stock WR guards and some krylon fusion would be the way to go if you're keeping the speedo cable.

Edited by funt, April 04, 2014 - 06:11 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted April 04, 2014 - 06:50 AM

Ditch the speedo and install a trail tech vapor.

• slowrider998

Posted April 04, 2014 - 05:52 PM

ok l'll look into the trailtech.

Thanks funt for having a look for me!I may get them and run on the outside.

cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.