GYTR Offroad 9.21 FWW vs Steahly 11oz FWW?

9 replies to this topic
  • crb357

Posted April 03, 2014 - 06:20 AM

I know GYTR FWW measure their effective weight differently than Steahly does. So which one will produce a more heavier flywheel effect the GYTR 9.21 or Steahly 11oz?

I have a WR450 and I'm trying to mimic the same feel on an 09YZ450 that I'm using for Eastern Enduro and Harescrambles. I generally get the heaviest FWW I can find for MX bikes that I use in the woods.

Also, are there any other brands of FWW weights available other than these two?

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2014 - 07:04 AM

IF the Steahly is made the same way as the GYT-R, by welding a ring weight to the basic OEM flywheel, it would have a greater effect on inertia because it's heavier.  If it's made by bolting a plate to the back side of the flywheel, it may be only about the same or less effective, since much of its weight will be closer to the crank centerline.

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted April 03, 2014 - 01:09 PM

I chose the gytr 9.21. It made a significant change. Much more woods friendly. Fit was perfect, Install was super easy(with puller). The welds looked really good. Im pretty sure it came with a new gasket too.
I believe the steahly is made different if I remember correctly. I dont like the idea of adding bolts to rotating parts that I can't easily give a visual inspection.

Edited by Hoosier-Daddy, April 03, 2014 - 01:12 PM.

• crb357

Posted April 03, 2014 - 01:18 PM

I've always used the Steahly on my past MX bikes that I have used for woods work. I've had 4 of them.They are made differently than the GYTR, which is why I'm asking. I was going to call them, but figured I would get an unbiased opinion here first.

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted April 03, 2014 - 01:31 PM

The gytr is le$$

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crb357

Posted April 03, 2014 - 01:57 PM

The gytr is le$$

Yeah, another reason for my inquiry! LOL

• blrmaker

Posted April 05, 2014 - 06:56 PM

I am interested in this as well. I have the GYTR in my shopping cart as I type this. :jawdrop:

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted April 05, 2014 - 07:04 PM

I am interested in this as well. I have the GYTR in my shopping cart as I type this. :jawdrop:

I have no ragrets. Not even one letter! Best thing I have done to mine, that and getting suspension done for my weight and style. I have not pulled the trigger on a rekluse though,,yet.hmm. Thats a whole other thread.

• blrmaker

Posted April 06, 2014 - 05:15 PM

I have no ragrets. Not even one letter! Best thing I have done to mine, that and getting suspension done for my weight and style. I have not pulled the trigger on a rekluse though,,yet.hmm. Thats a whole other thread.

Thank you, I pulled the trigger tonight!

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted April 06, 2014 - 05:49 PM

Thank you, I pulled the trigger tonight!

I am sure you will like it. Let us know how it treats you.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.