Effects of a faulty TPS (?) and SERIOUS replacement cost!

1 reply to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 30, 2001 - 12:34 PM

My TPS is reading no resistance at all. What effect will this have on my bike? At $135.00 replacement, I will be riding without one. Heck, I cannot afford to pay attention let alone pay to replace this thing.

Anyone know of an alternative? Is there a way to jumper it out if this will help?

Any good used ones out there...Yeah, right!!

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_S

Posted April 30, 2001 - 01:33 PM

Kenin, One of the top MX'ers in New England was saying that he disconnected his on his RM125, and he got more power on the top end. I don't know if that will cause a problem with thw WR, but a few others are talking of doing it also. Are you doing the Cistic Fibrosis Dual Sport Ride this year at Loudon? I have done it for the past 2 years, and had a blast. We are getting more riders from Ct. every time, and everyone loves it.

Ron

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.