07 yz450f

2 replies to this topic
  • crash6918

Posted April 02, 2014 - 10:28 PM

Ok im new to tt and dont know how to really use this im hoping im in the right spot to ask questions but anyways I have an 07 yz450f and I read before that you can put the 06 cdi in them for more low end just wondering if I could use the aftermarket 06 cdi in it its called the black box and if it will will it end up causing damage down the road?

This post has been promoted to a wiki

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Curtybird95

Posted April 05, 2014 - 11:17 PM

Its best just to stick with stock. It should fit but once you change the cdi box it changes all your timing curve and everything. You have to really know what your doing when you program a cdi box.

• crash6918

Posted April 06, 2014 - 04:12 PM

It comes pre programmed dose that matter at all

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.