Don't people carry tools?

4 replies to this topic
  • RichBaker

Posted January 14, 2004 - 09:13 PM

I read about guys pushing or getting towed out of the boonies when their bike breaks down...specifically in the woodruff key posts...

I have not broken mine yet, but I do have a spare key and the tools to replace it in my fanny pack, which I wear every time I ride -other than on a track- I DON'T plan to push! I've carried the Moose FCR fanny pack since I bought it 10 or so years ago, and try to always have the tools for whichever bike I'm riding and more. No, it doesn't weigh a ton and fortunately I've rarely had to use it for MY bike, tho I've had to break it open for others...no I don't have a torque wrench in there, but I don't plan to do more than put back to the truck if I do have to repair a woodruff key, because a proper repair will entail cleaning the loc-tite off rotor and crank end, BUT I will ride back to the truck!! :)

• trav

Posted January 14, 2004 - 09:21 PM

I just bum off my buddies and have never brought my own. that bastard brandonw never carries enough tools, pisses me off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_H

Posted January 15, 2004 - 06:18 AM

only thing that's stopped me so far is a fouled plug. Therefore, I have the tools to do a simple plug change. BTW, a 6mm socket, 8mm, 10mm and a few screwy's and allens and a pair of needle nose plyers seem to help when you have tape and a few friends (with their tools) around. :)

• Burnrider

Posted January 15, 2004 - 07:30 PM

I just bum off my buddies and have never brought my own. that bastard brandonw never carries enough tools, pisses me off.

:)

• Tyler426

Posted January 15, 2004 - 10:08 PM

I never have and never will.
Wheres the adventure in making it back every time?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.