How to mod lever to make clutch pull easier?

9 replies to this topic
  • Blaz1

Posted April 01, 2014 - 09:53 AM

I've read somewhere on here on how to mod either the clutch lever or how the cable is routed to the lever to make clutch pull super easy. Could someone point me in the right direction or shed some light on this? Thanks

• handreasen

Posted April 01, 2014 - 10:04 AM

I've read somewhere on here on how to mod either the clutch lever or how the cable is routed to the lever to make clutch pull super easy. Could someone point me in the right direction or shed some light on this? Thanks

squeeze a tennis ball 200 times a day for about 1 month, that should do it!

• slowmoto

Posted April 01, 2014 - 10:10 AM

My levers have this strap attached which gives more leverage by pulling from the ball end.

11192678506_fd014ba2bc.jpg

• William1

Posted April 01, 2014 - 10:31 AM

First, ensure all the clutch parts are in proper condition.99% of the time, a rider has a worn out perch/lever/cable or some other shot out part(s).

Every MX bike I have ridden has a one finger pull clutch, if taken care of.

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2014 - 10:39 AM

Search "easy pull mod".  It's there somewhere.  William is right, for the most part.  Every YZ450 I've ever been on has a maximum two finger clutch pull as it is.

The strap illustrated pulls from both its attachment points, not just the end, so the only thing it accomplishes is shortening the reach.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • torkd14

Posted April 01, 2014 - 10:58 AM

I only ever use two fingers so I just moved the perch inward to get better leverage by pulling on the end of the lever and my two outer fingers don't get squished

• slowmoto

Posted April 01, 2014 - 02:17 PM

My strap has the smallest zip tie holding one end so most of the pull is coming from the ball. It is also soaked with paint to make it semi rigid. Pulling closer to the bars puts less stress on your finger.

• rogo1

Posted April 08, 2014 - 05:02 AM

I have seen people re drill the lever closer to the pivot point to make pull easier, it does work but it will change the sweet spot. you can also buy easy pull levers that are a simple bolt on. I'm not sure the manufacturer, but if you google it you'll find 'em

• chevyrulz

Posted April 24, 2014 - 12:41 PM

change the clutch springs, and/or the clutch cable or do this:

http://www.thumperta...pull-in-easier/

• Mbiker_101

Posted April 26, 2014 - 11:26 AM

Here is the link to my mod done back in 2008, I think some of the pics expired. Basically I redrill the clutch lever to change the fulcrum of the cable thus decreasing cable pull.

http://www.thumperta...iker_101#!F1o5U

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.