Custom Seat covers?

20 replies to this topic
  • T-Dub512

Posted March 31, 2014 - 04:22 PM

Can someone point me in the direction for a FULLY custom seat cover for the 2014 YZ450?

All my standard go-to's either A: dont have the color scheme I want B: even carry seat covers for the '14 yet.

I've tried GUTS racing, SDG, TractionMX and came up short...

• lkeffersyz

Posted March 31, 2014 - 04:26 PM

Get ballista grip their seats are best I've owned they don't rip easy either. When you sit down they grab like your sitting on glue its pretty impressive. I bought one thinking I'd get a little more grip but it gave a lot more than expected and they are in good with Yamaha so I'm sure they'll make it fit.

• cjybikerguy

Posted March 31, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Look at moto seat also you can pick any color choices you want

• lkeffersyz

Posted March 31, 2014 - 05:40 PM

Yeah and that

• tomjoens

Posted March 31, 2014 - 05:45 PM

Motoseat.com

• Denaki

Posted March 31, 2014 - 05:53 PM

My Motoseat is great Travis does really good work. I sent my seat for him to install the cover, which I was told 1 week max, it turned out to be over 3 weeks. I would do it all over again but, just don't be in a rush. If you install the cover order now and wait.

• larryo

Posted March 31, 2014 - 08:44 PM

My Motoseat is great Travis does really good work. I sent my seat for him to install the cover, which I was told 1 week max, it turned out to be over 3 weeks. I would do it all over again but, just don't be in a rush. If you install the cover order now and wait.

I had Travis do seats covers for my Ktm and Kaw.Nice work and almost any color combo you want,and he will put them on for free.Keep up the good work and thanks again for the nice work,Travis

• CZRoger

Posted April 01, 2014 - 07:32 AM

My Moto Seat has held up well.

• jkylnhyde

Posted April 01, 2014 - 02:18 PM

I used fusion graphix this time and am overly impressed with what i recieved

https://www.fusiongr...886/seat-covers

• Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Posted April 01, 2014 - 07:27 PM

This is my custom seat cover from Throttle Jocky. I have a 2014.  I even got them to silckreen some Hannah bolts with my name on it.  It is super grippy

IMG_0782_zps3b64c021.jpg

Edited by Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens, April 01, 2014 - 07:31 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lkeffersyz

Posted April 02, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Nice bike!!!

• Monk

Posted April 02, 2014 - 07:20 PM

I went the Motoseat direction, I might have to take it off as the grip is incredible!

• Boris67

Posted April 03, 2014 - 07:29 PM

+1 for motoseat.  Check out HT Moto too, I have had them make a dozen seat covers over the years and they do awesome work.  Custom colors, stitching, etc.  If you send him your seat it comes back like a custom upholster wrapped the seat; every seam and corner are vacuum tight.

Attached Thumbnails

• BIKES 015.JPG

• MOTOSEAT

Posted April 04, 2014 - 10:53 AM

If any one has any questions about our products let me know.

you can email me at travis@motoseat.com

and check us out on Instagram

• Monk

Posted April 04, 2014 - 02:30 PM

If any one has any questions about our products let me know.

you can email me at travis@motoseat.com

and check us out on Instagram

Mines too grippy, can I have something less grippier?

• MOTOSEAT

Posted April 04, 2014 - 02:35 PM

Mines too grippy, can I have something less grippier?

Monk,  what kind of cover do you have?  With ribs, or with out?

• Monk

Posted April 04, 2014 - 03:42 PM

Monk, what kind of cover do you have? With ribs, or with out?

With ribs....

I never knew how much I slid around on a seat. Getting used to the new one is taking some time but overall I'm hugely impressed. Add to that the wait time from ordering and arrival was rapid fast which isn't very common to get in Canada. My only suggestions would be double stitching as a $20 extra option or whatever deemed feasible and slightly better (and I say very slightly) quality control. A few have mentioned getting crooked ribs including myself but have also said in the same sentence that Motoseat has taken care of them.

$69 or whatever for the seat cover is a bargin so the additional $20 wouldn't make me think twice for double stitching....

I have to say the ones you guys did up for Geoff at GP Moto here in Kamloops are pretty wild. The yellow, orange, blue theme is definitely bright. Agan, he said the delivery time was outstanding but mentioned the single stitching. His team riders are stupid rough on their equipment!

20140309_180803_zpsipmhvafg.jpg

Edited by Monk, April 04, 2014 - 03:46 PM.

• MOTOSEAT

Posted April 05, 2014 - 05:28 AM

With ribs....
I never knew how much I slid around on a seat. Getting used to the new one is taking some time but overall I'm hugely impressed. Add to that the wait time from ordering and arrival was rapid fast which isn't very common to get in Canada. My only suggestions would be double stitching as a $20 extra option or whatever deemed feasible and slightly better (and I say very slightly) quality control. A few have mentioned getting crooked ribs including myself but have also said in the same sentence that Motoseat has taken care of them.
$69 or whatever for the seat cover is a bargin so the additional $20 wouldn't make me think twice for double stitching....
I have to say the ones you guys did up for Geoff at GP Moto here in Kamloops are pretty wild. The yellow, orange, blue theme is definitely bright. Agan, he said the delivery time was outstanding but mentioned the single stitching. His team riders are stupid rough on their equipment! 20140309_180803_zpsipmhvafg.jpg

Monk, if you want less grip try a cover without ribs. Also, so you know and everyone else all of our seats are sewn with double stitching. All seems are sewn this way from the side pieces to the front piece everything has a double stitching.

• Monk

Posted April 05, 2014 - 07:57 AM

Monk, if you want less grip try a cover without ribs. Also, so you know and everyone else all of our seats are sewn with double stitching. All seems are sewn this way from the side pieces to the front piece everything has a double stitching.

Please explain and show us the double stitching? I don't sew so I have little knowledge on the subject. All I see on my seat is a single stitch line holding the 3 pieces together and two stitches holding the ribs.. I have been unfair to pass judgment without knowing so please enlighten me so I don't repeat bad info...

Here is a pic of the side of my seat...

20140405_084944_zpse50wtsra.jpg

• MOTOSEAT

Posted April 05, 2014 - 08:15 AM

Please explain and show us the double stitching? I don't sew so I have little knowledge on the subject. All I see on my seat is a single stitch line holding the 3 pieces together and two stitches holding the ribs.. I have been unfair to pass judgment without knowing so please enlighten me so I don't repeat bad info...

Here is a pic of the side of my seat...

20140405_084944_zpse50wtsra.jpg

Monk, what you are seeing is the top stitch, there is another sewn stitch underneath that. If you were take you cover off and look underneath you will see the second stitch. I will get you a photo on Monday.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

• Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

• Hot  38 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.