02 WR Throttle Stop ?

13 replies to this topic
  • pedman

Posted January 14, 2004 - 07:37 PM

Just want to verify....

If I get a 02YZ throttle stop I can use this in the 02WR?

I know it sounds silly, but just want to make sure. everything that I have read refers to the 250wr/yz.

Thanks in advance!
:)

• PBDBLUE

Posted January 14, 2004 - 08:12 PM

Absolutely! Or cut down your WR stop. You'll never use it again. :)

• onewr426

Posted January 14, 2004 - 08:13 PM

You can change it to the yz or you can cut it off to 1.3mm fairly easy to do. Did you just buy the bike ? maybe its already done?

• PBDBLUE

Posted January 14, 2004 - 08:32 PM

Are you sure you mean 1.3mm? That seems way too short. Maybe 13mm? I don't remember how much I shortened mine. Just enough to let the slide fully open.

• oldbones

Posted January 14, 2004 - 09:30 PM

See the confusion? That's what I got when I talked about mine. I think the YZ stop at the shop was $2.50.

Cheap peace of mind. Fits right in. :)

• pedman

Posted January 14, 2004 - 09:46 PM

That's my thought. KISS

Thanks everyone, your comments are what I was looking for.

:)

• John_H

Posted January 15, 2004 - 06:12 AM

that's such a basic mod. Just wondering...have you even changed the oil??? It's much more difficult to do so. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pedman

Posted January 15, 2004 - 01:13 PM

Not sure what to think on that comment other than :)

• John_H

Posted January 15, 2004 - 04:52 PM

Oh, I was just being a smart ass. :)

It's just such a simple thing to do. I can send you some pics when I get off work tonight if you want to see the procedure.

• RichBaker

Posted January 15, 2004 - 04:58 PM

See the confusion? That's what I got when I talked about mine. I think the YZ stop at the shop was $2.50.

Cheap peace of mind. Fits right in. :)

Ask the dealer if you can look at the service bulletin and read the length for yourself...save $2.50 and spend it on a jet....or a beer, or.....a gallon of gas so you can RIDE!! :D
FWIW, I didn't cut my stop, the dealer did that before delivering the bike :D... I feel they're the best dealer in S. AZ., which is why I ride Yamaha instead of anything else....

• pedman

Posted January 15, 2004 - 08:25 PM

My fault. Every article that I have read was about WR250. I figured that it would be very similar to a WR426 and simple. Just wanted to make sure. I have rarely touched my bike and I still have the original factory jetting. Others ride my bike that have had jetting changes tell me not to touch anything. They can not believe that the bike rides as good as it does for no changes.

Then I read an article saying the the throttle stop on the WR is only 3/4 of a YZ. Now I want the other 25%. :)

• oldbones

Posted January 16, 2004 - 06:51 AM

It's more like 50%. It really is a dramatic difference. If you have let some buddies (that also have WR or YZ's) ride your bike, and they said anything other that "Man, you need to fix that %^($^($ throttle stop!", then yours is already done. Lots of dealers do it in setup (mine did not). Go to the shop and walk up to a yz and wr, and twist both throttles, you'll see what I mean. Of course, I don't know if the new ones have the same stop...? Anyone?

• tctrailrider

Posted January 16, 2004 - 09:56 AM

Then I read an article saying the the throttle stop on the WR is only 3/4 of a YZ. Now I want the other 25%.

Remove the rear air boot, stick your finger in the back of the carb so you can feel the slide. Open the throttle all the way and if the bottom of the slide reaches the top of the carb throat you are all set. If it doesn't reach the top, trim the throttle stop or get the YZF stop. :)

• pedman

Posted January 17, 2004 - 03:43 PM

Great Comment,

I'll check this first before I go buy it....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.