Bent Axle, broken rear shock bushing, shot front and rear bearings...

2 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 30, 2014 - 01:18 PM

...have all been replaced..

I guess I've been riding it pretty hard...

New re-valve to prevent bottoming on the chuck-holed granite fire roads, new front axle to keep the wheel straight, and the forks parallel, (it wasn't, and they weren't'), new bottom shock bearing (broken), fixed the clutch override jumper, changed the emulsion tube back to stock (trying to get it leaner at 1/2 throttle).

Both front and rear wheel bearings were gone, and the front wheel spacer worn out. 

We shall see....

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick, March 30, 2014 - 01:19 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 06, 2014 - 07:41 PM

Man, the power band is finally back to normal!

No more flat spot.

No more peaky power surge at 7k.

All it took was putting in the CORRECT stock needle jet. 

Apparently, since they are not stamped with a part number, I put in the wrong one. Twice......and the WR250 version (perforated) was also not better, just better than the wrong one.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 07, 2014 - 06:07 AM

Here's more

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick, April 07, 2014 - 06:11 AM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.