2012 wr tuning

9 replies to this topic
  • twheat

Posted March 30, 2014 - 12:49 PM

I just recently put the FMF PC4 and Comp ECU on my 2012 WR450. The first time I rode it I loaded the aussie map on it and I was great for the tight woods I ride. Very smooth power. When I got home I removed the airbox snorkel. Last weekend I rode the same area and this time the bikes power was very jerky and not smooth at all. Could just the removal of the snorkle make this much of a difference? Does this sound like I need to adjust the FUEL or ING? There is a little popping on decel which to me would indicate its a little lean off idle. What tune are you guys running for the tight woods you ride? Thanks for the help.

• zuch95701

Posted March 30, 2014 - 01:39 PM

I just recently put the FMF PC4 and Comp ECU on my 2012 WR450. The first time I rode it I loaded the aussie map on it and I was great for the tight woods I ride. Very smooth power. When I got home I removed the airbox snorkel. Last weekend I rode the same area and this time the bikes power was very jerky and not smooth at all. Could just the removal of the snorkle make this much of a difference? Does this sound like I need to adjust the FUEL or ING? There is a little popping on decel which to me would indicate its a little lean off idle. What tune are you guys running for the tight woods you ride? Thanks for the help.

i started with the gytr map for a stock head. I added a bit of timing up top to help with the over rev. Other than that i love the power delivery. I run one step leaner on that map with i have the quiet core in the can. Pulling the snorkel opens up the air flow a bit. 

• twheat

Posted March 30, 2014 - 01:49 PM

i started with the gytr map for a stock head. I added a bit of timing up top to help with the over rev. Other than that i love the power delivery. I run one step leaner on that map with i have the quiet core in the can. Pulling the snorkel opens up the air flow a bit. 

Can you post what the numbers are on that map? I would love to try that one. Thanks for the help.

• zuch95701

Posted March 30, 2014 - 01:55 PM

Can you post what the numbers are on that map? I would love to try that one. Thanks for the help.

yah ill run to the shop and grab my tuner. 

• zuch95701

Posted March 30, 2014 - 02:18 PM

alright 

Fuel                            IG

Line 1 +1,+2,+3         +2,+2,+2

Line 2 +1,+3,+3         +3,+2,+2

Line 3 +1,+3,+4         +3,+3,+3

Im really happy with that map, Its pretty aggressive and the bike hits hard, but it pulls like a train very smooth and linear. . It works all around from high desert to the tight single track. 

Edited by zuch95701, March 30, 2014 - 02:22 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twheat

Posted March 30, 2014 - 02:24 PM

Perfect. Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

• zuch95701

Posted March 30, 2014 - 02:27 PM

Perfect. Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Let me know if you like it. 

• twheat

Posted March 30, 2014 - 09:13 PM

Let me know if you like it. 

Yep. Riding this weekend. Ill let you know.

• SuperbikeUnlimited

Posted April 13, 2014 - 08:16 PM

How did that map work out for you? I'm looking for a nice high output supermoto map, for a derestricted bike with a full exhaust.

• luckyone24

Posted May 24, 2014 - 09:08 AM

my 012 was just adjusted to 12 and at idle the exhaust pipe is cherry red for the first 6 inches when warmed up.. and if you pull the enrichener out at that time, revs will increase and pipe gets  even more  red...  starting has improved somewhat so going to have it adjusted to 15 im thinking....

Edited by luckyone24, May 24, 2014 - 09:10 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.