Shock won't hold gas...

3 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted January 14, 2004 - 03:21 PM

My rear shock doesn't seem to hold the gas (and my wife will tell you neither do I). Haven't taken it in yet. Anyone have info on what the problem could be?

The shock has been Race Tech'ed and I'd hate to have to replace the whole thing.

But if I do, anyone have a suggestion on a good replacement shock. Do the better ones need to be re-valved, or will they come pretty much modded?

• RichBaker

Posted January 14, 2004 - 03:44 PM

Ohlins and Penske come set-up to buyer's spec...if it isn't right, they make it right. Good stuff but expensive.
You might be lucky and just need a new schader valve, otherwise I don't know....good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gfergtr74

Posted January 14, 2004 - 04:12 PM

Is the schrader valve bleeding off?

• wrenduro450

Posted January 14, 2004 - 07:10 PM

You shouldn't have to replace the shock. It's either the bladder cap or the seal is out. Can be rebuilt no problem. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.