03yz450 exhaust

5 replies to this topic
  • yammiehall

Posted March 29, 2014 - 09:46 AM

I have a 03 yz450 i just picked up for $1000 bucks it is kind of rough but it has new top end and crank i have all new plastic new radiators new tires ect. Im about to pull it apart for powder coating after that it will basically be a new bike but i want a nice cheap exhaust system what do yall think about the fmf power bomb header with a lexx mid pipe and silencer? Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

• nuity5

Posted March 30, 2014 - 11:45 AM

Probably not exactly the info you're after but I have an 03 450 with a Yoshimura full system and I have to pull the headpipe to change the oil filter. Not a huge deal just something you might want to check on the power bomb vs I'm assuming the stock headpipe. Also have a Lexx muffler on an 03 250 for about a year and a half and haven't had any problems at all. It fit very well and noise levels are good with spark arrestor in. Clay

Edited by nuity5, March 30, 2014 - 11:47 AM.

• billygildark5007

Posted March 30, 2014 - 07:51 PM

I had the 04 which is basically the same model. Had the full yoshi,pro circuit, and white bros aluminum and carbon pro. The aluminum pro is my best recommendation overall for performance and durability. Sounds good too

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 72degrees

Posted March 31, 2014 - 02:44 AM

Our tuned 04 450F has a custom Titanium stepped pipe and an SP muffler with 45mm outlet. Needs repacking though I guess as the lad failed a noise test first time at Pembrey yesterday at 114 dB(A). Needed a retest with dad at the controls with his trained Institute of acoustics ears and calibrated right wrist for 'half throttle' -  97 ;)

To be fair you could hear it all the way round from the start line when given the beans. It goes well but the Megabomb fitted to the 350SXF over the winter lay off seems to have been well worth fitting. It was flying.

• torkd14

Posted April 01, 2014 - 07:05 AM

I have the Power bomb header with Lexx silencer on my 2006 YZ450. Has tons of bottom end. My only problem was with the spark arrestor installed the bike wouldn't idle and ran terrible, It was way to restrictive I think. Without the spark arrestor the power is awesome but it sounds like a really angry Harley on steroids.  

• yammiehall

Posted April 02, 2014 - 05:37 AM

I have the Power bomb header with Lexx silencer on my 2006 YZ450. Has tons of bottom end. My only problem was with the spark arrestor installed the bike wouldn't idle and ran terrible, It was way to restrictive I think. Without the spark arrestor the power is awesome but it sounds like a really angry Harley on steroids.

thanks for the input really helps

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.