Ricky racing San Diego??

5 replies to this topic
  • yzernie

Posted January 09, 2002 - 08:31 PM

Last news (from 2 days ago) was that Ricky did not have a concussion but was beaten and bruised up. He said he may not ride San Diego. Has anyone heard any updated news??

Ernie

• MXOldtimer

Posted January 09, 2002 - 09:39 PM

Last I read he was going to race SD, but he wouldn't do any practices until he gets to SD.

• Sparky_So_Cal

Posted January 10, 2002 - 06:09 AM

He's skipping press day, today. Will fly in to SD on Friday, not riding practice Friday. He is practicing and racing sat

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PK

Posted January 10, 2002 - 06:47 PM

Ricky is racing but still no Tim Ferry till round 3...

• F-Pilot

Posted January 11, 2002 - 05:20 PM

Cycle News today says Ferry practiced and will race. 9 days after knee surgery.
I wonder how much it cost Honda to get a doctor to say RC didn't suffer a concussion. New rule would have made him sit out if he had. I didn't know you could crash that hard, get knocked out and not have one.
:)

• bbeakley

Posted January 11, 2002 - 05:58 PM

I just hope RC gets his rear suspension set up correctly and he and McGrath get 1/2 for the holeshot so we can see them race.

As for the concussion, I think those come from the brain coming in contact with the skull and swelling. RC passed up a factory ride on a YZ426 AND a CRF450 for some damn 2smoke. I don't think brains are a problem... (just kidding)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.