District 37

6 replies to this topic
  • thumpsalad

Posted January 09, 2002 - 05:07 PM

Anybody here race District 37 Southern California? I may go out this weekend to race for the first time! I just joined the AMA and I have been in contact with a few racing clubs and I might hook up with one while I am out there. Just wondered if anybody here has been with any clubs here.

BTW: I posted earlier...Acerbis 3.4g tanks for YZ400's are $105!!! Go to their site!

• ToddW

Posted January 10, 2002 - 11:41 AM

I race D-37 Desert and a GP every now and then. It's a bunch of fun. You do need to look for a good club. A club is the only way out after being broke or injured. i'm not sure if I'll race the race on the 13th or not. You can stop by and see the guys at the 100's pit. Ask if you can sign in and have them watch out for you. Tell them Todd sent you.

• x400racer

Posted January 10, 2002 - 03:16 PM

I also race D-37 and Red MTN. I heard is a good place to race. Just don't race a National the first time becouse you may not go back.I like the GP's myself. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumpsalad

Posted January 10, 2002 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the info, guys. I have been in contact with the Vikings club to join and get into D37, but I won't be able to race/ride this weekend. On Jan 19th I will be riding at a poker run at Red Mountain. It's not a D37 event, just a bunch of guys for a run. If anybody wants to go, I'll post directions!

• BikeDestroyer

Posted January 10, 2002 - 04:15 PM

I live in AZ, but I know the Vikings put on the best Nat'l Hare & Hound out of all the other CA clubs. That club gets a thumbs up from me.

• hodaphile

Posted January 11, 2002 - 06:33 AM

As a beginner most of the Hare and Hounds have you run the first loop only. So the first loop is often much easier than the second loop.

The Desert MC National at Lucerne on 1/27 is always a nice race. It's also fun to check out the expert/pro racers and their pits.

info at http://ruts.org/desertmc.gif

• x400racer

Posted January 11, 2002 - 03:32 PM

You dont need to start in beginner class.You can start at novice and they do go both laps.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.