What is the favored Rekluse Z Start Pro setup for woods?

4 replies to this topic
  • dirtdude723

Posted March 26, 2014 - 09:15 PM

what have people found to be the best all around setting, with and without offroad flywheel?

I just got my Z Start Pro and plan to install it in the next few days, figured I would just ask what most went with for the setting.

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2014 - 06:15 AM

It may vary a little from one bike to another, and one rider to another, but the setup I run is the "medium" engagement point (springs) and the "slow" engagement rate (24 balls instead of the full 27).  I started with the "Medium/fast" setup as the manual recommended, but I found the clutch engagement too sudden and aggressive.  It would stall the engine if I tried turning up a hill in too high a gear, or similar situations, and it wouldn't do a second gear launch from an idle half the time.  Loosening it up by going to the lighter weight set made it much better.

BTW, the heavy flywheel or the absence of it won't make much difference in how the clutch gets set up, either way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • f150jokerstyle

Posted March 27, 2014 - 04:26 PM

It may vary a little from one bike to another, and one rider to another, but the setup I run is the "medium" engagement point (springs) and the "slow" engagement rate (24 balls instead of the full 27).  I started with the "Medium/fast" setup as the manual recommended, but I found the clutch engagement too sudden and aggressive.  It would stall the engine if I tried turning up a hill in too high a gear, or similar situations, and it wouldn't do a second gear launch from an idle half the time.  Loosening it up by going to the lighter weight set made it much better.

BTW, the heavy flywheel or the absence of it won't make much difference in how the clutch gets set up, either way.

I'm running the set up recommended and once in a while I do get a flame out.

Compared to the Medium/Fast set up, where does the Medium/Slow set up move the grabbing/lock up point in the rpms, Higher?

Also I'm running a FFW as well. To me any ways it did seem to lessen the jerky ness felt at slow speed bouncing over large rocks with the recommend setting along with helping to reduce flame outs.

Edited by f150jokerstyle, March 27, 2014 - 04:29 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2014 - 05:06 PM

Compared to the Medium/Fast set up, where does the Medium/Slow set up move the grabbing/lock up point in the rpms, Higher?

Yes, slightly. It makes more difference at the beginning of engagement that at the end of it.

• f150jokerstyle

Posted March 27, 2014 - 05:50 PM

Yes, slightly. It makes more difference at the beginning of engagement that at the end of it.

I think that is kinda what I was looking for, thanks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.