carb question

3 replies to this topic
  • psmith994

Posted March 26, 2014 - 03:33 PM

on my new to me 01 426 i noticed i am missing the air cut valve cover and all the parts associated with that piece of the carb. what does this thing do and do i absolutely need it? the service manual only tells me what it is. not what it does. thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• phil.png

• William1

Posted March 26, 2014 - 04:02 PM

The ACV adds fuel under high vacuum situations such as closing the throttle at high rpm. The pupouse of the extra fuel is to reduce decel popping.

People disable or remove it because if it fails, it makes the bike too rich at idle and can make oit tricky to set the fuel screw. I find just making sure it is good condition works best.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • psmith994

Posted March 26, 2014 - 05:32 PM

The ACV adds fuel under high vacuum situations such as closing the throttle at high rpm. The pupouse of the extra fuel is to reduce decel popping.

People disable or remove it because if it fails, it makes the bike too rich at idle and can make oit tricky to set the fuel screw. I find just making sure it is good condition works best.

OK cool. Thanks man.

• psmith994

Posted March 27, 2014 - 07:16 PM

I don't have any of these parts on my carb. Way happens if I run it without them?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.