radiator question

5 replies to this topic
  • trick400

Posted January 09, 2002 - 01:54 PM

can you take a radiator from a 426 and install it to a yzf400?

• criss

Posted January 10, 2002 - 02:26 AM

I installed the L/H radiator off a 2000 model wr400,which I believe is the same as the 426,on my 99YZ400.It fit no problem,(mounts,hose connections,ect) only that it was aprox 1" wider,and gives you some extra cooling,which is much needed on these bikes.

• Rockstar14125

Posted February 10, 2009 - 08:14 PM

If anybody has any information on this topic, PLEASE let me know. Anything would be apreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted February 10, 2009 - 08:50 PM

If anybody has any information on this topic, PLEASE let me know. Anything would be apreciated.

Call your local Yamaha shop!

• Rockstar14125

Posted February 11, 2009 - 08:24 AM

Ok, I just called them up and they said that they had no way of knowing what other models it would fit. So I asked them how much new ones would be. $432.37 for the Left and $404.44 for the right :banghead: I just bought a set of MSR radiator guards that wont fit because the left is crunched in and the right is bent so that the holes wont work. :lol: Its not leaking or overheating( yet ) but I dont like having something that could break randomly. If you see andbody riding around on an E-Bay sponserd 98 YZ400F, there is a good chance its me. :worthy:

• grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2009 - 09:15 AM

A dealership would rarely know something like that.

If you search the site you may find more definitive answer, but I believe the 426 radiators do fit.

As to why you want to replace yours, if it is due to damage, yours may be repairable for much less than new ones. Check with Myler's Radiator. Click the Our Work link.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.