wr450f coughing and splatters at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle

6 replies to this topic
  • lilgillett

Posted March 24, 2014 - 01:37 AM

just purchased a wr450f and it Is coughing and misfiring when I am riding, I was told to disconnect the tps and it seems to make a little difference but still is very noticable, also only in 4th gear it has a gear sorta ticking noice coming from gearbox??

• stevethe

Posted March 24, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Might have a plugged pilot jet and some chain slap.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 24, 2014 - 12:12 PM

You have made no mention of year, condition, hours, tuning, uncorking, etc.

Gotta know to help.

http://www.dirtrider...r_carb_rebuild/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lilgillett

Posted May 14, 2014 - 04:14 AM

Hi everyone I pull down the bike a couple of days ago cause 4th gear was missing a tooth, got 4th gear pinion and dog gears for 180$$$, during the pull down I found that the woodruff key in flywheel had been shorn off!! This would have caused the shuttering with the tps and the problems I have been having

• lilgillett

Posted May 14, 2014 - 04:17 AM

Sorry it is a 2003, hours no idea, fmf pipe and the jetting I believe was 170 main jet 50 pilot. Attitude is sea level to 100m I suppose

• stevethe

Posted May 14, 2014 - 06:30 AM

http://www.thumperta...tial-new-owner/

Proper reading for a 2003 WR450. Pay attention to the flywheel info.

Edited by stevethe, May 14, 2014 - 06:31 AM.

• bobpara

Posted May 14, 2014 - 10:46 AM

Wow! That engine had some serious shit wrong with it and you found it all that fast !!

If you ever plan on opening a bike shop let me know!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.