FMF powercore 4 and powerbomb question

13 replies to this topic
  • Romper290

Posted March 23, 2014 - 11:46 AM

Im thinking about ordering a fmf powercore 4 slip on and getting a powerbomb exhaust was curious on knowing if it is gonna be pretty loud and on the power output 

• William1

Posted March 23, 2014 - 12:08 PM

Louder than what?

Most after market pipes either shift the power 'sweet spot' or in the cases of severely restricted (and super quiet) bikes, add more top end as well.

LOL, 'generally speaking' there is no blanket statement that can be made unless specifics about your bike are made. Add to that the kind of riding you do will enable those with experience to better guide you.

• 95jersey

Posted March 23, 2014 - 04:05 PM

Im thinking about ordering a fmf powercore 4 slip on and getting a powerbomb exhaust was curious on knowing if it is gonna be pretty loud and on the power output 

Powercore 4 is loud.  I have this combo and it makes great power, I would not hesitate to buy again.  I have yet to see if it passes the 96db sound limit.  It does come with a spark arrestor that quiets it down significantly.

• The Spanky

Posted March 23, 2014 - 04:32 PM

Almost all aftermarket exhausts come with inserts that will bring the decibels down to the 96dB limit. But without the inserts the sound output is all over the place, some aren't any louder than stock and some are ear-splittingly obnoxious.

FMF systems tend to be quieter than most, but without the inserts they are typically louder than OEM, with the exception of Kawasaki. Kawasaki's OEM exhausts are obnoxious.

• JulianMotovlog

Posted March 24, 2014 - 04:27 PM

I love my powercore 4, it has a deep and loud bellow. It sounds smooth and clean but I don't bother with the quiet insert, just the spark arrestor. I found no change in volume with just the spark arrestor in. It added power to almost the whole rev range. I recommend it, it's a solid and well built pipe, and it's a noisy one!

• Romper290

Posted March 24, 2014 - 04:42 PM

Now I got a yz426f its a 01 if I get the powerbomb for it will there be a noticable change in low range power

• tang426

Posted March 24, 2014 - 04:48 PM

I put one on my 02 426. Too loud. More flame outs and no more power stock is the best for that bike. I'll sell you the powercore if u like. It's collecting dust

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Romper290

Posted April 09, 2014 - 07:07 PM

Okay finally got the whole exhaust system for my 01 yz426f. Major power gain top and bottom end. But getting off subject would my bike make a tapping noise if the valves needed to be adjusted or could it be that it needs a oil change

• C4pt. 5p4uld1ng

Posted April 09, 2014 - 07:48 PM

Okay finally got the whole exhaust system for my 01 yz426f. Major power gain top and bottom end. But getting off subject would my bike make a tapping noise if the valves needed to be adjusted or could it be that it needs a oil change

Definitely don't ride it. Could be the valves.. Could be the time adjusting chain is loose. Get it looked at!

I put one on my 02 426. Too loud. More flame outs and no more power stock is the best for that bike. I'll sell you the powercore if u like. It's collecting dust

In my past experiences.. Flames= need for valve adjustments.

• Moto rookie

Posted April 10, 2014 - 02:12 AM

Flames = extra cool points.

• Romper290

Posted April 10, 2014 - 02:27 AM

I work on bikes myself never again will include take a bike to a shop but I never ran into this problem before is it a easy fix yourself

• Romper290

Posted April 10, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Does anyone know how much oil a 2001 yz426f takes it says 1.6 liters but when i changed the oil it took only 1 court witch is only like .986 liters

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2014 - 07:02 PM

Read:  http://www.thumperta...odel-400s-426s/

• Romper290

Posted April 10, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Now what about the ticking noise and that answer was very useful looks like im gonna half to change oil again completly forgot about the other bolt on the frame for the oil

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.