2013 WR 450, Madura Hydraulic Clutch

8 replies to this topic
  • DarrenConnelly

Posted March 20, 2014 - 05:11 AM

Hey, I've just joined and today brought a hydraulic clutch for my WR, any photos or tips for installation?

• DarrenConnelly

Posted March 20, 2014 - 05:14 AM

Magura sorry, spell check,,,,,,

• Navaho6

Posted March 21, 2014 - 11:33 AM

I tried one on an '06.  It was horrible!!  Much harder to pull than stock.  Called the dealer and told them it was false advertising, and got my $ back.

• GP1K

Posted March 21, 2014 - 01:06 PM

I have one on my 2012. It was a bit of a PITA to get it installed as the kit is actually for older WRs but can be made to work. I'd estimate my clutch pull is 30-40% or so lighter than stock, with a better engagement feel and of course no fade. Well worth the money IMO.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DarrenConnelly

Posted March 22, 2014 - 02:02 AM

Did you have the new mount supplied with your kit?
We tried installing it today, but it just felt wrong, there are no instructions that give you detailed instructions, Magura really should do some homework, something so simple shouldn't be so unexplained for the price of it.
We couldn't get anywhere near enough pull on the activator arm, and the electrical connection on the clutch perch bolts in fine, but the other end is the wrong fitting....I hope we're doing it wrong, otherwise Magura can have it back.

• DarrenConnelly

Posted March 25, 2014 - 03:08 AM

Finally worked it out, yeah it def feels a lot lighter, and in general it's a bit better than the standard cable clutch.
Trying to get assistance from the importer is a waste of time, the instructions in the box are a waste of time, the connector for the electric in gear start is the wrong one, and as the importer stated, that doesn't matter, not many people use that,,,,wtf....
Then informs me, oh you might have to stick a washer on the exhaust side of the bracket to make it work properly,,,again,,,wtf.
Will I ever buy another one,,, no f,,,,,,g way, get a ballads easy pull, perch and lever, lube up ur cable all the time, not much difference, and save the $300.
Magura, look at a new importer who gives a f,,,k

• GP1K

Posted March 25, 2014 - 12:03 PM

Finally worked it out, yeah it def feels a lot lighter, and in general it's a bit better than the standard cable clutch.
Trying to get assistance from the importer is a waste of time, the instructions in the box are a waste of time, the connector for the electric in gear start is the wrong one, and as the importer stated, that doesn't matter, not many people use that,,,,&%$#@!....
Then informs me, oh you might have to stick a washer on the exhaust side of the bracket to make it work properly,,,again,,,&%$#@!.
Will I ever buy another one,,, no f,,,,,,g way, get a ballads easy pull, perch and lever, lube up ur cable all the time, not much difference, and save the $300.
Magura, look at a new importer who gives a f,,,k

I can't see your location so I have no idea where you're from. In the US you can call Magura direct at 800-448-3876. Ask for Peter, he helped me out with mine, I was having similar troubles.

While Peter was helpful, I agree their 'instructions' are absolutely horrible. And at least when I bought mine, they had never actually fitted one of their clutches to 2012 WR450, just figured the same kit would work because it's the same basic motor. Well it may be the same basic motor, but the frame is totally different and how the motor sits in the frame (even the angle) are different, and no it doesn't just drop right in.

In the end I'm still glad I did it, and even though it was a huge PITA getting it installed, it's worked great and hasn't given me a lick of trouble since.

• DarrenConnelly

Posted March 26, 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'm in Australia mate, I have had a friend who is a KTM mechanic come and check it out and it's working unreal now.

Just a little disappointing the lack of support or general information supplied by the Aus side of things.

Overall, glad I've put it on, touch wood, no dramas will come up and make me regret it.

• mch

Posted March 27, 2014 - 06:59 AM

I'm in Australia mate, I have had a friend who is a KTM mechanic come and check it out and it's working unreal now.

Just a little disappointing the lack of support or general information supplied by the Aus side of things.

Overall, glad I've put it on, touch wood, no dramas will come up and make me regret it.

How about you put up some pics and explain step by step what you guys did to get it to work?  Will probably help many others.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.