1 reply to this topic
  • JAMES35

Posted January 13, 2004 - 04:29 PM

I have been reading this Wr post page for over a year, and
have taken lots of good info from it. I live in the Carlsbad area of CA and only ride in the desert from Plaster
City to Ocotillo Wells. I'm 35 now and I've been riding since I was 5 yrs old. I purchased a new 2002 WR426F two years ago and changed the bars, put on a desert tank/YZ seat,free mods,Uni filter,YZ pipe, and had the dealer do the YZ timing and jetting. The bike runs great and has never missed a beat with about 2000 hard desert miles on it.
I'm giving you guys all this info so you can give me advice
on who should do my suspension, With only location being the limit. I ride with the family mostly, but I do go off
with the boys on 70-80 mile (very hard)jaunts about 30% of the time. Should I go to Baja Designs,a certain dealer,independent mechanic,etc etc?
Thanks in advance for any info you give!!

I bleed Yamaha colors, and since I had my first one, this
machine is the nicest bike I have owned!!! I just want my
suspension to keep up with the motor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RunAnywhere

Posted January 14, 2004 - 04:32 PM

ESP is the favorite of both my brothers. They ride CA City, Gorman, Baja, etc.. The one bro. is very fast and aggressive, the other is a sight seer. After riding their bikes, I sent my suspension to ESP also. I ride real aggressive in technical areas. They set it up perfectly for me. I highly recommend them.

Good Luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.