Steel frame, gray powder coat?

5 replies to this topic
  • travisn

Posted March 19, 2014 - 05:58 PM

Have an 05 450, thinking of going gray/silver instead of blue, then I can switch to black, white, or blue plastics and/or black rims and it will still look good, it might make it look newer since it will look like aluminum, and I don't have to worry about trying to match stock colors. 

Thoughts? Pics?

• f150jokerstyle

Posted March 19, 2014 - 07:41 PM

Sounds cool. Something I always thought about was sand blasting the frame and clear coating it to give it the raw look. I'm not sure if that would take away the welding coloration in the steal, but if that could be preserved and then cleared I think that would be bad a$$.734409_10203436870352540_115736380_n.jpg

• travisn

Posted March 19, 2014 - 08:24 PM

Yea it'll remove the coloring. Maybe if it was dipped but I'm sure it was removed when originally prepped.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • travisn

Posted March 22, 2014 - 05:56 PM

no one else? 

• kmanryder

Posted March 22, 2014 - 06:09 PM

Raw would look epic, but so would a dark grey. Whatever you choose, post a few pics

• travisn

Posted March 22, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hopefully I can get it stripped down tomorrow, not sure how long the PC guy is gonna take. 

He quoted me $400 for the yz frame and my mountain bike frame. Seems ok?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.