HRP Power-up kit

3 replies to this topic
  • Moto-Mike

Posted January 13, 2004 - 02:51 PM

I have a friend in Italy who seized his 2001 XR650R motor and wanted me to get some info on the HRP Power-up kit. Is there any where a person can get a parts list and/or a picture of what is in the kit? I called a dealer and they did not know much about it but were able to get me the retail price of $999.99 for the kit. My friend in Italy thinks that it would be cheaper buying it over here since he travels here occasionally for business. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

• qadsan

Posted January 13, 2004 - 03:22 PM

The full HRC Kit PN# is "06130-NLB-010" and it includes the following components:

Gasket, Right Cover
Gasket, Cylinder
Gasket, Cylinder Head
Piston
Piston Ring Set
Piston Pin
Clip, Piston Pin
Camshaft Assy.
Sprocket, Timing
Sprocket, Cam
Chain, Cam
Guide, Cam chain
Tensioner, Cam Chain
Lifter Assy, Tensioner
Gasket, Tensioner Lifter
Spring, Clutch
Spark Plug R7113-10
Spark Plug R7113-9
Rubber, Stud
Bolt, Flange 6x25
Needle Jet set
Jet, Main # 180
Jet, Main # 182
Jet, Main # 185
Jet, Main # 188
Jet, Main # 190

Here's a picture...
Posted Image

If you really want some great performance for about the same price, then go with a 680 kit with an 11:1 piston which will still run on pump gas, stage 1 cam for more mid range power or a stage 2 cam for more top end, pumper carb, etc.

Here's an interesting article that you and your friend should check out on how the Honda Off-Road Team builds Baja bikes.

http://www.hondaredr...&Type=OR&bhcp=1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moto-Mike

Posted January 13, 2004 - 07:28 PM

qadsan-Thanks for the information that is very helpful in understanding what the kit consists of. I will forward this link on to him.
Does anyone know if the there would be any issues with interchagability with the European XR650R's?

• qadsan

Posted January 13, 2004 - 08:02 PM

There should be no issues since the bikes are very similar. From what I know, the only differences between the Euro versions and here in the USA is that the Euro bikes come with different electronics (different headlight, regulator rectifier, different wiring of course, key switch on steering stem, etc). They also come with different gearing, different jetting in the carbs (but the same carb), performance intake & exhaust insert, etc. The engine is the same from what I know and that's what's important for the kit.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.