Need greys opinion and help fork bleeder screws

5 replies to this topic
  • billygildark5007

Posted March 18, 2014 - 09:00 PM

My 2011 has always leaked oil from the fork bleeders when depressed. I've tried different 2 sets it's not the bleeders. Even with the original screws oil still came up when air bleeding. I have 2 friends one with a 11 and one with a 10 that do the same. Is that just a kyb thing or is there a way to stop this? Each time I lose 2-3cc which adds up after a few times. Any suggestions? Thanks

• billygildark5007

Posted March 18, 2014 - 09:06 PM

Of course the front ends off the ground. This evens happens when oil is cold. The bike can set for 4 days and oil still comes out when bleeder pressed. Thanks again.

• SAthump

Posted March 19, 2014 - 02:44 AM

It has to due with orientation of the bleed hole inside the cap

You can either rotate the forks 180*
(Which doesn't work if you have the bars forward like me)
Or pull the cap out and drill extra vent holes in the same channel as the stock one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2014 - 06:28 AM

If the fork vent ports are rotated to a position between 4:00 and 8:00 o'clock as seen by the rider, they're more likely to belch up some oil while venting.  Positioned above 10:00 to 2:00 o'clock, not so much, if at all, normally.  As pointed out, that position may interfere with the bars, depending on your set up. 

The oil is from the outer chamber of the fork, and a little can collect near the vent port if it's in a low spot.

• billygildark5007

Posted March 19, 2014 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Mine are positioned at 6 o'clock and the bars would be the way. I'll have to find someone that makes some low profile bleeders...

• grayracer513

Posted March 20, 2014 - 06:59 AM

Or raise the bars.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.