Best after market plastic ???

9 replies to this topic
  • kc_husky

Posted January 08, 2002 - 08:17 AM

I'm looking to run in two different harescramble series and want to be able to switch number plates back and forth do to different numbers. Who makes the best fitting and lowest price side plates and front number plate? Thanks for the help.

• h_bomb

Posted January 08, 2002 - 09:42 AM

I think ACERBIS are definetly the strongest,as far as price goes I think there all about the same.

• yzernie

Posted January 08, 2002 - 02:31 PM

UFO is the way to go. I have never had a piece of their plastic that did not fit. I have been using it for many years. Between my kid and I, we go through some plastic!!!! :)

• DPW

Posted January 08, 2002 - 05:34 PM

I've used both Acerbis and UFO and I'd go with UFO. They're both quality replacements, but UFO seems to hold up better.

• Dodger

Posted January 09, 2002 - 07:12 AM

I wouldn't recommend One Industries plastic. I just bought new shrouds from my local shop 'cause I was installing new graphics, and they fit terrable :) . I pretty much have to force them into place, and they are flimsy. I know your not looking for shrouds, but if they are any indication of the quality of their other products, I say thumbs down.

My $.02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 09, 2002 - 10:02 PM

I absolutely loved the One industries plastics and graphics.
They fit perfectly with my Clarke and look sharp too.!Posted Image :)

• scottzx7rr

Posted January 09, 2002 - 01:35 PM

Hey Pat I run the Acerbis on my bike and they work, fit and last great.

• JohnnyG

Posted January 09, 2002 - 02:38 PM

Acerbis is the best, but they are the most expensive. can find the cheapest here:

They sell complete plastic kits for $89 which INCLUDES the front number plate (most kits do not).

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: JohnnyG ]

• Taraker

Posted January 16, 2002 - 12:45 PM

My new favorite photo, lookin stupid.............

Posted Image

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Taraker ]

• MX_Tuner

Posted January 17, 2002 - 02:08 AM

The Acerbis plastic is somewhat brittle. It
l shatter if hot wrong(right?). UFO is much better in fit, finish durability and it also comes with the extra stuff like the heat shield ont he back of the right side plate.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.