Gearing and uncorking

5 replies to this topic
  • WrOilFieldTrash

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:42 PM

I just recently purchased a 2013 wr450f, I want to uncork it and have a list of things I've already bought to do so, I also might look into gear changes but have no idea what's best. I'll be doing mostly woods/trails, and dunes. Prolly not much highway other than to go a few miles off trail to a store or what not.
Ok so this is what I got so far let me know what I'm lacking or if it's not a good idea.

GYTR competition ECU kit, comes with YZ throttle screw
GYTR power tuner
GYTR (fmf) powercore 4 exhaust and a powerbomb header pipe
K&N wet air filter
Cycra series one probend hand guards

Thinking about a magura hydraulic clutch lever and possibly upgrading to GYTR clutch components

• YZ250SubGuy

Posted March 15, 2014 - 08:28 PM

I put a Rekluse EXP on mine for New England woods and it's probably the best mod I've made. 3rd gear is $$ in the single track.

• Swezy207

Posted March 21, 2014 - 12:33 PM

Does the Rekluse clutch mean you don't have to use the clutch? I'm new to this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WrOilFieldTrash

Posted March 21, 2014 - 03:54 PM

It's a automatic clutch, you still have the option of using the manual clutch too tho
IMO it takes all the fun and excitement outa riding but it does free up that hand and less fatigue,

• Swezy207

Posted March 22, 2014 - 09:21 AM

Ok, so you can be in gear, stopped, without holding the clutch lever in? Is it a smooth start up?

• YZ250SubGuy

Posted March 22, 2014 - 03:13 PM

Smooth as butter or whack the throttle and go.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.