Problem when switching air filter

2 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted March 13, 2014 - 03:14 PM

I have a Twin Air powerflow filter kit in my YZ that works great. But for a short, 2 hour ride recently I switched to my backup air filter, which is a UNI with the stock cage and backfire screen. After the ride, I could see a lot of fine dust inside the air boot, which has never really happened. There werent any loose dirt particles, it was all stuck on the rubber. The filter was oiled and installed correctly. But I never got a chance to wipe the dust out because I switched back to my regular filter right before a ride. Is this a problem?

My bike runs the same, no problems. But I am still worried if that dust stuck inside the air boot could harm the engine at all, and yes I am going to wipe the air boot clean.

Edited by rhinoracin, March 14, 2014 - 02:24 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rhinoracin

Posted March 14, 2014 - 02:25 PM

?

• Bazuka Joe

Posted March 14, 2014 - 06:31 PM

It's not healthy for you motor in any way, it is going to kill the motor? No. But the more dirt that makes it way to the valve train=shorter valve life

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.