New Plated WR450

5 replies to this topic
  • pavementsurfer

Posted March 13, 2014 - 10:15 AM

Figured I drop a line and say hello, 04 wr450, recently plated (wasn't to tough to do), about 150 DS miles so far and loving it!  Asphalt jumps are sweet!  Found a sick one, small 1 lane elevated bridge almost like a table top, haven't cleared it yet the gaurd rails are messing with me though gotta get the balls.   John  

Attached Thumbnails

• 20131113_145955.jpg

Edited by pavementsurfer, March 13, 2014 - 10:19 AM.

• pavementsurfer

Posted March 17, 2014 - 07:00 AM

Jeeze not a single hello?

• Unsp0kn

Posted March 17, 2014 - 07:52 AM

:excuseme:  Not sure why it's been so dead around here lately, but riding season is just around the corner. Welcome and nice bike!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnnyjeep

Posted March 17, 2014 - 08:26 AM

I have an 06WR450 plated, bought it new and had it plated before the D/S kit was on it. If you are going to ride the streets much, be careful in the dirt, everything breaks off!

• pavementsurfer

Posted March 17, 2014 - 05:41 PM

I have an 06WR450 plated, bought it new and had it plated before the D/S kit was on it. If you are going to ride the streets much, be careful in the dirt, everything breaks off!

I hear ya the mirrors fold away and the sinals are ministalks and flushmount so IF/WHEN I go down they should be fine.  What tires are you running?  I am running d606's at 30 psi for street longevity.  They are like slicks in the dirt.  I need to test them at 6-8 on the dirt to know what they can really do. 

• johnnyjeep

Posted March 18, 2014 - 02:17 AM

All that sounds good, but Evey thing breaks. Hell, even my plate mount vibrated in two, fixed the mount, then the plate itself vibrated off!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.