Yamalube store right fogging oil?

4 replies to this topic
  • Mtrain730

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hey guys I know in the manual for my yz450 they recommend pouring a table spoon of moter oil down in the jug for storage do you see Any problem with spraying a little yamalube store right fogging oil down in the jug instead. The bike is fuel injected also if that changes any thing. I have used fogging oil on boats before but that all. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mtrain730, March 13, 2014 - 07:07 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:50 AM

What kind of storage are you talking about?  How long under what conditions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mtrain730

Posted March 13, 2014 - 09:10 AM

Stored inside a shed over the winter several months. Too be honest I sprayed some down in the jug and held the kill switch and kicked it over a couple times about half through this winter in my mind just too give a little lubrication on the first start up of the year witch has not occurred yet but I was just wondering if this is a ok idea for the future before i put it away for storage over the some what long ny winter.

Edited by Mtrain730, March 13, 2014 - 09:19 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted March 13, 2014 - 09:35 AM

Should be fine.  Get some decent fuel stabilizer in there as well.

• k.g

Posted March 13, 2014 - 09:40 AM

Once you fog it, don't touch it until you're ready to ride again.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.