12+wr450, what exhaust are you running?

8 replies to this topic
  • Bazuka Joe

Posted March 12, 2014 - 03:16 PM

Scoping out some options, was wondering what you guys run and how you like it. Do they make a 4.1 rct that fits the wr?

• Jmulhollen

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:03 PM

Running the "gytr" fmf and it is great for the slip on that it is. It's not a true exhaust but I cannot decide if I really care about more power than this.

Buddy has the yoshimura full exhaust and loves it

• scott525

Posted March 13, 2014 - 02:59 AM

FMF Q4. Light and has the right amount of loudness for me on the street.

First ordered the Yoshi but I couldnt tell if it went in the header or slipped over. The diameter was the same size as the header and it was also as heavy as the stocker.

Posted March 13, 2014 - 06:26 AM

Running the "gytr" fmf and it is great for the slip on that it is. It's not a true exhaust but I cannot decide if I really care about more power than this.

Buddy has the yoshimura full exhaust and loves it

I installed the DR D full exhaust and compared to stock it had better top end but down low just had more snap off idle not really better low end. Matched the stock header to the Dr D silencer with a lot better results. It now has really good low end without the off idle snap and about the same on the top which is an improvement over stock (all with the same map). Conclusion, not sure the aftermarket headers are an improvement unless going with some sort of mega bomb style header, but that's kinda what you get with the stock header. Not sure but that's my 2cents.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mebgardner

Posted March 13, 2014 - 06:35 AM

FMF Q4. Light and has the right amount of loudness for me on the street.

First ordered the Yoshi but I couldnt tell if it went in the header or slipped over. The diameter was the same size as the header and it was also as heavy as the stocker.

+1. Same as I ride.

Do Over Thought: I'd save the money, take the pea shooter out of the OEM pipe and call it good. Save the money, buy more gas, go ride!

• GP1K

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:02 AM

FMF Q4. Nice sound without being too loud.

• woods-rider

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:14 AM

FMF Powercore 4 with spark arrestor and quiet insert. Way too loud without the insert IMO.

• GP1K

Posted March 13, 2014 - 11:00 AM

FMF Powercore 4 with spark arrestor and quiet insert. Way too loud without the insert IMO.

FWIW, I talked with someone at FMF about Powercore w/insert vs Q4. He said the Powercore was designed to run open (duh) and the insert robs power to make it quieter (more duh). The Q4 was designed to run quiet from the get go. So for example if you're someone who might race one weekend, but trail ride the next, the Powercore would be the better choice, as you can pull the insert for racing (max power) and put it in for trail riding (quieter). But if you're a trail rider and don't race or just want the best power to noise ratio, you're better off with the Q4 vs Powercore w/insert.

Edited by GP1K, March 13, 2014 - 11:02 AM.

• woods-rider

Posted March 13, 2014 - 11:06 AM

FWIW, I talked with someone at FMF about Powercore w/insert vs Q4. He said the Powercore was designed to run open (duh) and the insert robs power to make it quieter (more duh). The Q4 was designed to run quiet from the get go. So for example if you're someone who might race one weekend, but trail ride the next, the Powercore would be the better choice, as you can pull the insert for racing (max power) and put it in for trail riding (quieter). But if you're a trail rider and don't race or just want the best power to noise ratio, you're better off with the Q4 vs Powercore w/insert.

If I would have known how loud the Powercore was I would have went with the Q4 as I always leave the insert in. Oh well, live and learn.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.