hey ive got a yz450f carbi problems

3 replies to this topic
  • raymond2293

Posted March 12, 2014 - 02:45 AM

Ok its a yz 450f 09, first thought was valves were out because it was backfire when trying to start, valves are to spec so then i thought it was getting to much fuel checked plug out good spark but is dry, the carbi does not squirt fuel when throttled i have no idea with carbis can any one explain why its not squirting fuel into head, pics would be good thanks in advance! =)

• grayracer513

Posted March 12, 2014 - 07:08 AM

Check that fuel flows from your petcock to the carb.  Remove the bowl plug and be sure there is fuel flowing into the carb as you turn the gas on.

If the carb in fact has fuel in it, then a lack of any accelerator pump squirt is probably due to a faulty pump diaphragm or a clogged discharge nozzle in front of the slide. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • raymond2293

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:08 PM

Okay thanks its has got fuel in bowl because fuel comes out bottom overflow when throttled,

• grayracer513

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:49 PM

Be sure that fuel isn't coming from around the accelerator pump shaft on the right side of the carb.  That would be a definite indication that you have a torn diaphragm.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.